RF63s and RC64 have arrived!!!!!!!!!!!

nezff

they seem more open than the 62s. I want to try the RC64 but Im not sure the top shelf will hold it. Im building a new shelf sunday. Getting two 1/2 pieces of plywwod and sandwich them together, and then put a style on the front to finish it off. paint it and put it up. The 64 is alot different in weight.

I am really anxious to hear your comments. I spent my RF83 cash on a set of cornwalls and a Mac. I am still going to finish out my HT system which needs only front upgrades(Rf83s or RF63s) to complete. I am running a RC64 center which in my opinion is the best center on the planet for less than stupid money. I am looking hard at the RF63 to save cash over the RF83s for my separate 2ch system. Some folks seem to like the RF63 better than the RF83. I have listened to my system with a set of RF 63s but it was before I had my center. I will be curious to see how well the 63s match up well with the RC64. That is a helluvalot of center sound.

• Moderators

They do sound somewhat louder at the same volumes than the 62s I had.

My guess is due to the fact that the RF-62's have a sensitivity of 97db and the RF-63's have a sensitivity of 99db. Higher the sensitivity, the easier it is to drive them.

I think Tommy's referring to the air compressor on the left side of the first pic you posted. I noticed it too and was wondering if that's how you clean the dust off your woofers. I use AC/DC's Shook Me All Night Long at 11 on the volume knob.

wanted to let you guys know, Tonight while my shelf is still getting built for the RC64, I decided to run some music through the RF63s in STEREO and see what they could do by themselves. NO sub, and I set them to large on my pioneer. WOW!!!!!!!!!! I was so amazed how much punch I was getting out of these. I almost hate to run them at the SMALL setting on the receiver. I guess when Im tinkering around with music, i could and running just the 63s, i could set them to large. When watching dvds and blus, i could keep em small and 80hz.