Let's Bash Klipsch

thebes

Then there was the time they sold me monster cable of my Promedia's. They sure saw a sucker coming on that one, since I was a newby and had not been properly educated on the total hocus pokkus of speaker wire, the crafty devils.

The powers that be are running and hiding on this one I can tell ya. This post has been up for almost a day now, yet have they rushed new velcro to my side? NO. Have they offered to have a little copper plaque made up witht he words "Pruchased 3rd Hand By Thebes on such-and-such a date"? NO.

Have they thrown in a Florida vacation? Hardly.

As their most ardent bon vivant, and authority on all things audio, I am very surprised my missives are not being monitored 24/7in the corporate suites (or The Tower of Power as I call it).

That does it, from now on I'm only collecting Realtistic Speakers, well maybe a Montgomery Ward tower or two.

Class action, indeed. I've been listening to Klipsch for decades and the high frequency response of my ears is deteriorating. NOW JUST WHOSE FAULT IS THAT? I don't recall seeing a clearly posted warning to that effect.

I'm telling you, it's sneaky. You won't notice much in your 30's or even 40's, but with the 50's the cymbals and snares don't seem to shimmer like they once did. By the late 50's a younger person not yet damaged by this invisible, cumulative radiation or whatever from them big 'ol 'horns will say "What's that whine in the right channel?" and you'll say "What whine?" and hear nothing.

Insidious and irreversable, Klipsch Kanal Koniosis.

I am trying to help as I can by offering to get these Killer Klipsch out of your house and isolate them in mine. It's too late for me, and I am willing to offer myself in this small service to my bretheren.

Dave

Oh, I forgot the most important mistake Klipsch made...........they actually Gave away Free speakers to a selected few dedcated people
and in this market no less...........Hummmmmmmmmmmmm. And don't forget the Free Form so we can vent about our products ! Really...........

And what's this "passive radiator" crap? They CHARGE you for a speaker and then they don't even wire it in??? They must think we're born yesterday. AS IF my neighbor wants to hear MY speakers! One other thing.....when I hear "grill" I think of two things.....chrome just like on the front of my car, and steaks out on the old Weber. Both of them are metal. The "grills" on my speaks are cheesy, flimsy, sheer CLOTH! I want CHROME grills!

The nerve! The nerve these people at Klipsch have! I "win" a set of CA-5T indoor / outdoor speakers in an eBay auction for not a whole lot of coin... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=190280070752 (I hope that wasn't too brutal)

And here's the important info:

Auction
is for (2) speakers with grilles, excellent working condition. Any
blemishes would be minor, such as light scratching.

• Some carton damage: safe to ship
  • 90-day warranty limited warranty

What is this? Used speakers on eBay guanteed to work?!? What nerve! You mean the box won't reek of toasted voice coils like the Promedia 2.1 I purchased a few months back from some dufus masquerading as an honest adult seller? How can they do this!?!

They arrive and look like they've barely been used!?! Where's the promised light scratches? I mean did somebody get these, hook 'em all up, and then realize they were supposed to get the white ones and then return them?

How can this be?!?

Does this box look beat up? For being shipped from Hope Arkansas to Indiana? How could they!?!

The BOx

A little dinged sure, but where's the split box taped back up after flying off the conveyor? Sent, can you believe this, sent with signature required so the friendly delivery man can't just chuck and run. The nerve. Now, only now, do I understand what brother Thebes is trying to say.

Do these look used? I mean really used? Where, pray tell are the light scratches and dings? A few marks sure, that should wipe off with a damp rag... Seriously folks, these look almost fresh out of the box at beat up speaker prices. Practically turns my stomach.

Allegedly Used Speakers

Yes folks, those tiny white marks are as good as it gets.... along with a barely crushed box. Maybe. Maybe the box fell 3 feet a bit on it's corner. Maybe 3 feet.

And to think some poor sap payed even less than I did?!?

How can they call these refurbished or used. Maybe not new, but very lightly used. And they actually work. With no problems. No calls to technical support. Even have the little rubber caps to cover the transformer switch.... and a package of lock nuts to use to make them harder to steal...

The horrors of it all. I may have to break these in and knock them around the garage before I dare hang them outside next spring!

How do these people at Klipsch sleep at night?

Just what I ask you is going on here?

Thebes, you started this and you and only you can get to the TRUTH whatever that may be. We must know how they can do this....

(@#^$ channelling Thebes is exhausting .... )

That's right. You heard it here first. Klipsch is a house of cards, a chimera, fast buck artists, South Side slickee boys, peddlers of ill-repute, hucksters, cons and grafters.

The emperor has no clothes, the deus ex machina is on a descent to hell, the windmill's been tilted at, and it's fallen over.

I find it hard to believe that you slavish syncopates can post here day after day praising the glory of all things Klipsch when the tawdry truth is quite, quite different.

Yes I have empirical truth before me, to wit, a 1974 pair of Cornrwalls. Why just tonight when I went downstairs to crank up the main system, what do I observe in front of me. Why nothing less then the front grill pulled away from the to LEFT corner, of the RIGHT-hand speaker. Conspiracy minded, I first ascribed it to simple disgruntlement over the recent election results. Pondering further, I felt a dispassionet approach was in order, an investigation into the facts, if you will.

So I gingerly peeled away the grill only to reveal the startling, and most heinous, fact that the original velcro glue had failed, separating from the motor board.

Now that that I think of it, when I got these both tweeters were blown. Could it be the former owners addiction to high volume rock, or simple shoddy construction.

They are black too, and according to rumors, black because the veneer was inferior.

Well I for one am not going to take it laying down. From now on I'm going to be sitting up when I play music. The better to keep a close eye on my black and gold logo speakers. After all if the velcro's going to fail after a mere (26 plus 9, carry the 3) 16 months, it's just a question of time until something else goes wrong.

So it's time to come clean guys, let's hear those horror stories. Sure the powers that be may step in, censor, shut down. banish, me, but the truth must win out.

Finally.... someone said it [:D]

I unpacked my brand new RF35 that I purchased from an authorised dealer and when unpacked I notice a small piece of wood-grain vinyl was seperating from speaker at the front top edge. I could not be bothered returning it as it was a bit of a drive and nothing a bit of glue would fix.

So I suppose this was my fault for not returning it. It is barely visable but I know it's there [:'(]