Oppo Blue Ray.

trashyrich1157

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looked at oppo website. It does appear that it will support those. Very few units actually will do those.

The only released universal Blu Ray player I am aware of is the Denon DVD-A1UDCI with an MSRP of $3,800 [:|]. I'm holding out for the OPPO.

The oppo sounds like a good unit but....they and other multi format players need to keep in mind that now that it's hdmi and a 1 cable solution,having one player do it all is not near as important.Unless there is some compelling reason(price) I'd rather have a ps3 and my existing oppo......

I suppose what I'm gettin at is $700 is a deal breaker for an oppo for me.If they get in under $500(well under for my purpose) they may find a market.

The oppo sounds like a good unit but....they and other multi format players need to keep in mind that now that it's hdmi and a 1 cable solution,having one player do it all is not near as important.Unless there is some compelling reason(price) I'd rather have a ps3 and my existing oppo......

I suppose what I'm gettin at is $700 is a deal breaker for an oppo for me.If they get in under $500(well under for my purpose) they may find a market.

Same fits for me - when I was looking for a BR player I first checked when the oppo unit would be out, and when I saw the price I jumped on the ps3 wagon. Only complaint is the bluetooth, but the price for the oppo (and the wait) made the ps3 my first choice.

Looked at oppo website. It does appear that it will support those. Very few units actually will do those.

The only released universal Blu Ray player I am aware of is the Denon DVD-A1UDCI with an MSRP of $3,800 Indifferent. I'm holding out for the OPPO.

I was also reading about the Denon. It is the first player that I have seen that does it all. Others should be coming out soon. Before I pay $3,800.00 I'll keep my existing SACD & DVD-Audio player and just add a new Blu-Ray player.

If I see prices around $ 1,500.00 to $ 2,000.00 for a model that does it all, then I may go for one.

• 3 months later...

My Oppo Blu Ray has arrived. I compared it first to the Sony PS-3. The first test DVD was Iron Man, 7.1 HD Audio.

The Oppo Blu Ray was connected as delivered, with factory calibration settings. The video was excellent, just like the PS-3. The surprise was the vast improvement in the audio. I now had 7.1 audio instead of 5.1, but the dynamic range and detail in the Oppo are a huge improvement over the PS-3. That lead me to compare a standard audio CD on both PS-3 and Oppo Blu Ray. Big difference here, too. I didn't expect that.

Given the improvement in audio on the Oppo over the PS-3, I decided to reconnect the Oppo DV-983H standard DVD player, for audio comparison. The Opps BDP-83 BluRay is the clear winner here, too.

With the limited experience I now have with the BDP-83, and at factory settings, it appears that Oppo has, once again, outdone themselves with a great new product for video and for audio.

My Oppo Blu Ray has arrived. I compared it first to the Sony PS-3. The first test DVD was Iron Man, 7.1 HD Audio.

The Oppo Blu Ray was connected as delivered, with factory calibration settings. The video was excellent, just like the PS-3. The surprise was the vast improvement in the audio. I now had 7.1 audio instead of 5.1, but the dynamic range and detail in the Oppo are a huge improvement over the PS-3. That lead me to compare a standard audio CD on both PS-3 and Oppo Blu Ray. Big difference here, too. I didn't expect that.

Given the improvement in audio on the Oppo over the PS-3, I decided to reconnect the Oppo DV-983H standard DVD player, for audio comparison. The Opps BDP-83 BluRay is the clear winner here, too.

With the limited experience I now have with the BDP-83, and at factory settings, it appears that Oppo has, once again, outdone themselves with a great new product for video and for audio.

I agree with you 100%! This unit rocks...And yes i also had the PS3..

I really don't want to hear about the oppo being better than the ps3... I really don't.

Its just another thing to add to the upgrade list =D On the plus side, it uses 35 watts vs the 230 average for the ps3 while playing a movie, and its easy to use with universal remotes!