Little green words ?

dtel

• Moderators

What the deal with some words that show up in green and have links connected to them here on the forum ?

Is it just my computer or a setting on it, I just noticed it a few days ago ? For me it's only on this forum for some reason ?

• Moderators

Ok I tried the hammer Arky, but the word kept moving up the screen so I had to try to keep up, it just ran out the top ! [:P]

It was the Subliminal Message Toolbar.....Big Smile

If it was Subliminal I would leave it, I could use some hidden treatment ! [Y]

It's little Green Aliens..............getting ready to invade Mississippi !............but then they realized that it wasn't worth it !

Click Start button, find the Control Panel link, then find the "Add / delete" programs . (On Vista it is called Programs and Features) Scroll down to find the Adobe 9 update and delete it.

Or it could have been saying

"Buy More Klipsch"

• Moderators

It's little Green Aliens..............getting ready to invade Mississippi !............but then they realized that it wasn't worth it !

Click Start button, find the Control Panel link, then find the "Add / delete" programs . (On Vista it is called Programs and Features) Scroll down to find the Adobe 9 update and delete it.

Or it could have been saying

"Buy More Klipsch"

I think I already got that last green message, no help needed there.

I think they already tried to invade down here and gave up when they met the " locals " as we call them, people who have lived here all there lives ! We are from Louisiana the only difference is a different accent and we cook with more spices !

Hope I didn't Offend..............we also have are special "Locals". It's funny that when ever the News folks go to Interview someone that they always seem to find these "Locals", and then people here wonder why no one wants to locate here..............Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

• Moderators

Hope I didn't Offend..............

Thats funny, it takes alot more than that. [;)]

We went almost to the north pole once, a place called Indy for the pilgrimage, I have never gone that far north before, almost got altitude sickness ! [A] The natives were very friendly but very different from what we were use to, we left before the big freeze set in, they say freezing rain actually falls from the sky ! [:|]

• Moderators

Finally figured it out, it was not Adobe it just used Adobe to run. It was something from google that would highlight certain words and make them pop ups when the mouse would pass over them. When they would pop up, in the corner was a small question mark, that was how you got to the page to delete the program, they kind of hide it.

• Moderators

" soylent green"

Are People.......................... Ick!

It's kind of like how Mad Cow disease got started, grind up the sick animals and put it in the feed of the healthy ones. Have not seen that movie in years.

Ok I tried the hammer Arky, but the word kept moving up the screen so I had to try to keep up, it just ran out the top ! Stick out tongue

Now Dtel, I'm sure you know this, but you want the right hammer for the job. I'd guess this would require at least a 4 pounder. In any case, don't bother wasting your time with a standed 16 oz or even a 20 ouncer.

Hope I didn't Offend..............we also have are special "Locals". It's funny that when ever the News folks go to Interview someone that they always seem to find these "Locals", and then people here wonder why no one wants to locate here..............Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

would that be the locals who have to call authorities and bring in the board of health and the department of natural resources to tell them the strange brown foul splotches all over the place is bird droppings? Most likely Canadian Geese. That made the local news?

Just where do they find these "locals" ? Must be a new breed of yuppy? Rednecks know bird doo doo when they see it. City slickers even know bird doo doo when they see it.

• Moderators

I know the coonasses or the rednecks don't call it vittles that must be hillbilly thing ?

What do I know? I'm a Hoosier. We even think we talk funny.

You all speak very well compared to here in south Mississippi, now when you go to south Louisiana I even have a hard time understanding what they are saying.

I know your going to laugh at this but I even have to watch "somewhat" how I say things when typing here, and it still comes out rough ! [:S]

The natives were very friendly but very different from what we were use to, we left before the big freeze set in, they say freezing rain actually falls from the sky ! Indifferent

And recently, in a place near Indy, the residents learned, with the help of one of the local TV stations, the board of health, and the DNR, that bird doo doo also falls from the sky. In this case, from Canadian Geese that "winter" in the area (and you think this is almost to the north pole?...) God forbid that Canadian Geese do #2 while their flying overheas. And to think we thought Canadians were our friends (with all due respect to Mr Paint and The Ear)...

p.s. DNR in the Hoosier hinterlands is The Department of Natural Resources....