RC64 � shall I pull the trigger or not

DU73

I have noticed this on ebay.. I just don’t know. I contacted the seller he said it is an x-demo model and pick up is from an authorised dealer. I have not asked if it comes with warranty at this stage, but this would be my next question to them.

X-demo centre channel from ebay.. I just don’t know

Currently my front 3 speakers are 2 x RF35 and RC35. Everyone agrees that the RC7 or RC64 is a massive improvement over the 35.. but I have always said it should be due to the larger speaker and larger price tag

Anyway here is the link.. any suggestions.. also my room is about (front stage) 3.2 meters wide and a bit over 5 meters long. So not a very big room at all, would the RC64 make a big difference here.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Klipsch-RC-64_W0QQitemZ230323349654QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Hi_Fi_Speakers?hash=item230323349654&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A1%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

If you can get it for a good price, do it. Most say that the 64 is much smoother than a 7. Some have compared a 64 to a 7 that's had crossover network upgrades.

I don't think you'd regret it, plus you can sell your 35 to help pay for the 64.

1. If you can afford it, and feel it will improve your listening tastes - go for it.

2. Buying from this person- No Warranty.

3. Improving your system.............priceless.

4. IF you find that this speaker does not improve your listening tastes- you can alway sell it and probably get your money back.

IMHO...........

Good Luck and Post some Pics when you get set up !

• Moderators

As long as all the drivers work and the speaker is in excellent physical condition $320 USD would be a steal for it.

Someone call the police....someone's about to get robbed! Totally agree here. If you can pick one up for even under $500, you would have a great deal.

I asked the seller questions about the condition of the speaker, re woofer, tweeter, etc so waiting response on that. Also this is a quote from the description: “Klipsch Tapered Array™ technology operates all of the woofers at the lowest frequencies - maintaining the high output capability necessary for good center channel performance - but only two operate all the way through the midrange to where the tweeter takes over. This eliminates acoustic interference between the woofer outputs, a flaw in conventional speaker designs that can severely impair sound quality at the sides of the listening area.”

Is this right re “but only two operate all the way through the midrange to where the tweeter takes over”

Dude I say just do it! I also had the same front end speaker combo as you and then made the jump to the RC-64. The difference between the RC-35 and RC-64 is significant - the 64 is just so much more clear and detailed. I sit approx. 3 meters from my front speakers. I'm now trying to figure out how to get a pair of RF-63's to match!

• Like 1

Dude I say just do it! I also had the same front end speaker combo as you and then made the jump to the RC-64. The difference between the RC-35 and RC-64 is significant - the 64 is just so much more clear and detailed. I sit approx. 3 meters from my front speakers. I'm now trying to figure out how to get a pair of RF-63's to match!

That's it, you convinced me... one problem and it's a BIG one. a four letter word.. W I F E

She is cool, she has let me brought everything so far. Even the Rotel power amp with no fuss. but after the PS3 and then after the Rotel she said you happy now, I said yes.. then after that she caught me with the measuring tape around the entertainment area, she said you would never be happy will you. SO stupid me feeling guilty I said if I ever want to buy another peice of stereo equipment slap me across the face.

I so hope she forgot that I said that.. hardly though I think she has a memory like an Elephant,

But on the plus I will be getting a little bit of money from the goverment soon.. not a lot but could be just enough to cover the speaker. so really the 64 is for free. That will be my angle.

Also - I contacted the seller and like I mentioned earlier it is from an authorised dealer but I now know it comes with warranty and speaker is in A1 condition.

3 days to go.. only time will tell.

I dont really need the 64 as I like my sound but the centre channel is the main one in HT and I know it could sound a lot better...

SO stupid me feeling guilty I said if I ever want to buy another peice of stereo equipment slap me across the face.

So let her slap you, then order it. Big Smile

love it youthman.. very funny [:D] I must admit when I read your post I broke out in laughter, though I dont think I will be laughing for long..