Heresy Slant Monitors

BEC

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill,

I don't think those are going anywhere. I am not really the speaker selling type. I generally build larger buildings when I run out of room for speakers. Of course, I am running out of room for buildings too.

Bob

I'm guessing but wouldn't the volume of the cabinets of those slant montior models be equal to the volume of the standard heresies for proper loading of the woofer?

Remember that they're monitors Mark. No one cares about < 100Hz, we're just trying to get the voices screaming above the guitars! [:o]

The HSM is considerably smaller than a standard Heresy. After you subtract the volume of the horn and woofer, there isn't much air in that baby at all.

Well, I think I blew out several thousand brain connections I haven't used in years. Anyway, I calculate a volume of the HSM cabinet as 1.75 cu. ft. This number is a lot different from the value calculated by another forum member. Need some other people to give this one a try.

Bob Crites

I should post a couple of more measurements to help with this calculation. This makes three triangles. We can find the area of the three triangles by use of Heron's formula since we know the length of all the sides. After getting volume of the whole box like that. I figured the volume of each of the sides and top and bottom (plywood thickness) and subtracted that amount from the total volume figured earlier.

Bob

post-9312-13819446466408_thumb.jpg