Consecutive Serial Numbers

big_shooter

I have had this same conversation with a few folks. I don't get it. Regarding grain pattern: is even then odd a match or is it odd then even? Is 2134 and 2135 a match? If so then 2135 and 2136 would not be. I have come to my own conclusion that if crossovers and drivers match then that's all that counts. Just me ya'll. I would like to think a 'matched pair' would be 2134A and 2134B in this case.

if you consider that occasionally there was a single speaker made for a customer and sometimes one got destroyed at the factory for whatever reason, you can't make sense of which consecutive number they 'should' be.

But in most older Heritage it seems like some care was taken to match grain patterns. Definitely in Khorn pairs. They used to lay all the preveneered panels around the factory floor and someone with a very good eye (remember these are unfinished at this point) would tap out which panels would be paired for a set of Khorn fronts.

My Forte II's are consecutive #'s. My maple RF-7's aren't because I had to keep taking them back due to one or the other being damaged. Some were due to to shipping and some were apparently packed that way because the boxes were perfect. My retailer only kept the black and cherry in stock, they didn't sell as many of the maple. I finally got tired of waiting and took two that were about 5 #'s apart. But the grain is identical and I haven't noticed any difference in the way they perform. If it would affect the price if I tried to resell them I don't know. The important thing is I am happy with them.