Are they really worth all the HYPE?

JSChapman

I mean connectors. Speaker connectors to be exact. I have my F2's BI-amped and I am running 12 guage wire to each speaker. I already have banana connectors on the receiver but I only have bare wire hooked up to the speakers themselves. So before I spend any money on connectors what are your guys opinions on them?

Well it all depends. As mentioned, the Heritage line has a screw and it is just easier to use a connector when and if you have to move them. I would say that if you don't ever move them then a wire connection is fine but if you are moving them and having to unhook them everything then connectors are the way to go. Plus you don't have to spend a lot of money on them, check out MonoPrice.

James

I use these BFA "bananas" from Knukonceptz: http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=eKs-BP

$7.99 for a set of 4 and they'll accept up to 8AWG cable (but then the sleeves won't go back on because the ends of the setscrews are sticking out, so you have to use heat-shrink tubing for insulation; I didn't mind. For 12AWG, the sleeves go back on just fine.). They fit anywhere banana connectors will fit.

well unfortunately they do make a difference, in sound. gold will sound different than brass, and rhodium. will it make a huge difference in using it just as speaker connectors? not that much. i have the parts express closed type. they work good. i would suggest using "gold" over any type of other metal when it comes to klipsch speakers. i use a 079 (oyaide) connectors instead of the 037 for that very reason. the rhodium makes the highs (when concerning klipsch speakers) really obnoxious.

the bfa connectos islander suggested from knukonceptz, you can get those much cheaper. you have to search around ebay, and you will find them. i don't think there is a preformance difference between the two, both are gold so both should should the same.

seadog is correct in saying no connectors are best. the only issue you run into in oxadiation. if you could connect the wires and then "seal" them with rtv or something like that, that would be better. i wouldn't want to rtv anything on my speaker though. you could also use tinned speaker wire, as long as the runs are short, the sonic difference should be slight to unnoticable. you could get real real real expencive and run all 12awg silver wire....then again if you had that type of money you wouldn't have posted the question.....lol.

in the end banana connectors add's convience, nothing much more. after you hook everything up, and after you have to take it apart to rehook it, you will see how much they are worth to you.

Well at the very last moment I changed my mind about the banana connectors and decided to go with Acoustic Research Gold Plated Speaker Pins.8 of them turned out to be cheaper than 8 banana connectors so I went with acoustic research instead.