New Klipsch line vs Heritage for HT

No Disc

I've told Rachel that when I get my dedicated room, I'm going to upgrade to Heritage. once she saw the pictures of them, she said, "ya, you can get them when you get your room, cuz there's no way those are going in the living room". You know, the world would be a lot better off without WAF!!! Angry

Tommyboy,

Is there anything outside of cheating on you that you "FORBID" your wife to do?? I don't allow my wife for one second to think she has a right to tell me what I can and cannot do!! I didn't need a women to wear the pants before I married her. As long as it does not jepordize your financial status, or your kids colledge, or your retirenment, I say how dare she and shame on you for allowing it. If however it does affect one of the above forementioned items, then she is correct.

Roger

I've told Rachel that when I get my dedicated room, I'm going to upgrade to Heritage. once she saw the pictures of them, she said, "ya, you can get them when you get your room, cuz there's no way those are going in the living room". You know, the world would be a lot better off without WAF!!! Angry

<hijack>

Start by reading my sig line for my equipment list.

About a year into our marriage, my wife and I were house shopping. I didn't yet have the Quartets at that time, nor was the big-screen HDTV part of the family, but I did have the Heresys that the Quartets replaced, and we agreed that the great big speakers sounded too good to replace but looked too bad to put in the living room. As a result, a room suitable for a dedicated home theater became one of the criteria for our house.

We selected the house, and the home theater went up. About a year went by, and theToshiba entered the home. Since we had a dedicated theater room, we purchased a honking big analog rear projector instead of paying twice as much for one of the new-fangled LCD units. After all, space wasn't a big concern.

Then came the life changes. My wife works as a medical transcriptionist, and the facility where she worked shut down. She went to work for another, but its internal politics weren't a good fit for her, so she began to explore working from home. That's turned out to be a good choice, but guess which room is really the only one well-suited to serve as a home office?

So, the big ugly gear that sounds great but was too ugly to ever live in the living room moved to the living room. We tried no less than eight different furniture arrangements over the course of four weeks. One of them nearly killed my receiver when the swimming pool filter got a little happy one day, and something clearly had to be done.

What's been done is that we've downsized. The Chorus IIs and the Quartets now sit alongside one wall in my office, waiting for a job. Two Academys serve as stereo mains in the living room, and the TV is crammed into a corner where it doesn't actually fit. The Velodyne sub fills in the bottom end. It actually sounds pretty nice.

This isn't the end of the story, though. There are plans. Big plans. My plans, but plans that she endorses. Cuz you see, over the course of five years, those big ugly speakers that sound too good to replace but are too big and ugly to go into the living room have come to sound so good to her that there is no way they can sit in my office and collect dust. Screw it if they look ugly, we watch movies in the dark anyway. Having them sit has become a completely ridiculous waste of some fine gear, and dammit, she wants her home theater back.

So, a good part of the west wall of the living room will be rebuilt. The built-ins that flank the fireplace will come out and be rebuilt to contain an equipment rack and flank the Chorus IIs. A 52-ish inch LCD will hang on the wall above the fireplace, and the mantle will house a recessed Academy. We'll purchase a third Academy so as to have matching surrounds. Last but not least, an infinite baffle subwoofer will go into the wall behind the left-hand Chorus, venting into my office.

She thinks this will be great. It's number three on the list behind finishing the bathroom remodel and reworking the laundry room.

The moral of the story? Relax. Give it time. She may just change her mind and get on board with your ideas. If you're laid-back enough about it, she may even think their her ideas and become the driving force behind them.

</hijack>

<OnTopic>

If you can fit it in your room, Heritage is hard to beat.

</OnTopic>

Tommyboy- You are heading down the dark path of financial ruin and the certain wrath of she who rules. Lots of people float theough here and talk smack about diving off the deep end into the Heritage money pit. Judging from your ever changing gear list - I think you just might be serious.Beware!! -the next thing you know you will be meeting at some gas station off the interstate several states away with shadowy characters making cash exchanges for the contraband. Once you buy the first set of speakers -you are screwed. Then you will want more and bigger speakers and better stuff to hook them up to because they pick every little bit of distortion, buzz ,and hum. Don't say I did not warn you.The madness will get you!!!

I had some Reference but never got the hang of two-way.

You'll find a lot of Heritage guys here on the Forum. Maybe because they're more fun to tinker with, but there is something very comforting about that three-way design by PWK.

I'm with Doc, you'd have to go a long way to upgrade from CH II.

M

Michael,

Your Jubilees didn't convert you to a 2-way kind of guy????

Rog

never really hooked them up yet....

Tommyboy,

Is there anything outside of cheating on you that you "FORBID" your wife to do?? I don't allow my wife for one second to think she has a right to tell me what I can and cannot do!! I didn't need a women to wear the pants before I married her. As long as it does not jepordize your financial status, or your kids colledge, or your retirenment, I say how dare she and shame on you for allowing it. If however it does affect one of the above forementioned items, then she is correct.

I don't think it's really a matter of forbid, but a matter that another person is sharing the living quarters and should at least have some say in reaching a compromise.

Another part is being realistic. I could have shoved another pair of Quartets or moved my currents to the rear and upgraded. However, our french doors would not be able to close and we'd have to rearrange a pretty significant area.

I went with RS-25's :) My first house had an ideal listening room...

No Room ??? HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

you can always ... MAKE room... sell your furniture..... I did.......... no kidding.....all you need is a listening chair and a place to set a beer (other than a speaker) LMAO

Thats what I did also, everything out of the living room except for the couch which was part of a sectional so its now more like two loveseats with a space in between to allow the Forte II rears to flow through.

Oh yea, the wife left last year so no static from that!

The moral of the story? Relax. Give it time. She may just change her mind and get on board with your ideas. If you're laid-back enough about it, she may even think their her ideas and become the driving force behind them.

lol, or, if she's like my wife, she will sit quietly.....patiently awaiting her chance to pounce and force their departure! My wife would WILLINGLY give just about anything I have to anyone if they would at least, promise to not scratch up her floor or walls on its removal...[:(]

Don't give up any taken ground!!!

all you need is a listening chair and a place to set a beer (other than a speaker) LMAO

[:^)] I don't get it... [*-)] isn't that what the wife is for? [:^)] To stand there and hold your cold beverage while you watch? [*-)] and refill it upon your request? [:^)]

My wife would WILLINGLY give just about anything I have to anyone if they would at least, promise to not scratch up her floor or walls on its removal

Man, I gotta meet your wife so I can score me some free Jubilees.....[;)][:P]

all you need is a listening chair and a place to set a beer (other than a speaker) LMAO

Huh? I don't get it... Confused isn't that what the wife is for? Huh? To stand there and hold your cold beverage while you watch? Confused and refill it upon your request? Huh?

Never interrupt me EVER at the 2 min warning on.........Or at the end of any game!

Celebrate, with a happy ending [;)] or leave me alone if we lose a close one! [:@] And yes, another cold drink does sound great! What hun??? Your mom has the kids for the weekend..... and were all alone..... and .......... OK, I am dreaming!