I'm BLOWN AWAY! K-Horn / Dynaco discovery!!!

GWSmith

Hello Speakerfritz... To answer Craig's question, I don't find it at all harmful or abrasive to the nickel plating on the chassis OR the lower covers of the Dynacos..

I believe that BRASSO would be a much harsher product, but I can't say, because I didn't try it here in this application.

Noxon did NOTHING to the silkscreen lettering and I really tested lightly at first, then increased pressure that I thought was safe enough, and all it did was clean the nickel and leave all else alone as the photos show... [:)] and I was happy about that

I WILL send photos of the business side of the chassis so that the silk screening can be seen totally in tact after much polishing.

(perhaps you have had a bad experience with this product ? Let us know.....)

All best,

Gary

• Like 1

Hello gang. Here is the latest on the MKIII project. The following photos are showing both Dynakits' QuadCap change out, and selenium rectifier removal and upgrade. This being the original cap...

Hope you like this, especially if you were to try one of these kits from Kevin, a great guy who will stay in touch with you to help with any questions you may have for him - he will answer them pretty quickly and sometimes way into the WEE hours of the morning !!!

post-23544-13819465004978_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I will add photos from the AC powercord install I came up with and hopefully, the coupler caps will arrive later today and those will be installed, meanwhile, this photo shows the wasteland of parts removed [:P]

post-23544-13819465174812_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hey there Scott0527...

Thanks for your comment on this thread. Its been alot of fun taking the photos and doing the work, and I can't wait to hook them all back up, now that they are 'safe' to run.

TODAY, the UPS man dropped off my caps from Sonic Craft! So, TONIGHT, I installed the SoniCap GEN II coupling capacitors to the PC boards of both amps. Photos of the change out were taken and are yet to be posted. But, the others as promissed will be next in line so please stand by and mark this as Favorites to stay up to date.

Thanks again.

....Gary

• Like 1