LSI Underground Railroad

rplace

Well my multi year quest for split LSIs is coming to an end. A some of you may have read in other threads I purchased a pair from the master, CP1. My loving dad was in the Indy area to make the ****** a couple of weeks back. He said he had a good time at the house of klipsch and had never seen so many speakers in one place. He also said the Jazz that Michael had playing was like nothing he had ever heard. Michael what were you playing and on what speakers that day? Lee Morgan, right?

I was not sure if my speakers would make the trip out east this go round. My parents are on a driving vacation and they pack a lot of crap. Well I just got off the phone with them and they are headed my way and the baby is in the basket.[Y]

I should be unpacking them this evening.

Don't you always find it exciting when the plan for a new pair of speakers is coming together? I find the speaker purchase more exciting then other gear for some reason. You?

You're going to dig them mang- I had some Dave Brubeck on that day I believe, I can check my iPod- had a Jazz playlist on. I had the MCM's on and your Dad was one of the first to hear them here at Roadie's. EDIT- now I remember Art Blakley Caravan, the title track- it cooks !

Speakers are exciting. Electronics are just electrons moving around on wires, I can't relate. Speakers are big and excite air that moves my pants legs and tickles my ear drums. That makes me happy!

Michael

Good catch on data....should be DAD. I am a computer programmer after all.[:$]

Check out this LSI pair for sale on agon http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?spkrfull&1241480147&/Klipsch-(Lower-Price)-La-Scala BTW when did Bob start working for Klipsch!!??[*-)][:^)][^o)] Before you all jump on me I know he does not. Obviously the seller doesn't.

Does that mod alter the bass bin or can it be reversed? Not that I want them, just curious. They are very close to me about an hour away. Seems like a godo price if you can reverse the mod.

These were selling for 800 until our forum comrades promoted the price up to 1600...now the price is 1200...moral of the story...if you are not looking to buy LaScalas...don't confuse the seller with a kazillion emails about how cool his speakers are and if you would only hit the lotto so you can buy them.

'loving data' huh? Dude, you got computer brain

It's slowly overtaking us...

Remember this?

I think... I think I am, therefore I am, I think

Of course you are my bright little star,

I've miles and miles of files.

Pretty files of your forefathers fruit... and NOW, to suit our GREAT computer, your magnetic ink!

What we have is the little datafile talking about his master data file!

The LSI just sits on the box, you remove the woofer hatch door so the back pressure exhausts out the ported box. Completely reversible with no damage to original cabinet. I don't know if anyone has measure the results or not.

That is sort of what I thought. I seem to remember reading the LS has a hatch on the bottom, but was not sure. The price is still a bit high, but if you wanted splits and were in driving distance not a bad deal considering the other stuff.

So do the rest of you find "new" speakers more exciting the other gear like MC and I?

• Moderators

So do the rest of you find "new" speakers more exciting the other gear like MC and I?

Yes, electronics are fun but to me the speakers are the heart of the sound.

You are going to love those LSI's that is one of the most fun speakers Klipsch makes, easy to move around( considering others ) and sound great everywhere especially outside. IMO

I don't know if anyone has measure the results or not.

I really can't believe you said that, since multiple folks (djk being one) has posted the results. You can get flat to about 30-32Hz. Pretty good since the horn is only good to about 125Hz.

I don't know if anyone has measure the results or not.

I really can't believe you said that, since multiple folks (djk being one) has posted the results. You can get flat to about 30-32Hz. Pretty good since the horn is only good to about 125Hz.

ditto what Marvel said....thought your were the LaScala master colterphoto1...I think I even saw a graph with results based on different tube lenths.

Busy weekend so no chance to hook them up till Monday after work. I pretty much just stacked them up where I had a spot and let them rip. Only having heard LS once before I was starting to believe all the rumors about no bass. WRONG! With minimal garage equipment and crappy ipod playback then still sounded pretty darn good. At first the bass was a bit muddy, but then I looked at the pre and noticed I had the bass turned up a bit for the Heresy IIs that were in the garage. Moved the bass/mid/treble all back to center and I was quite pleased. I have them about 16 feet apart for the time being and can get up to 22 feet away. When you hit the right spot they relaly image nice. I can't wait to get them properly set up and dialed in.

Michael, thanks so much for the goodie bag...was nice to have the right patch cords for top/bottom and not have to go digging around.

post-16462-13819456335094_thumb.jpg