I'm hooked

artto

I am not much into the driving games but I bought my PS3 used and it came with GTA4, Star Wars, Sonic, Metal Gear Solid, and another game I can't remember at the moment. Since then we have added several more including Ratchet and Clank tools of destruction, (my fav!!!) Wall-e (the first game I have completed) Bolt (a fairly simple game that points you to what you need to do, a kids game really but OK, none the less) Pirates of the Caribean (I really can't get into sword fighting, my son loves all the Final Fantisy games which we have one of for the PS3 and I don't like it much either. All together, we have over a dozen games for it and as many BD movies.

While the audio out from the optical is good, it can't hold a candle to the output from the HDMI cable. I would place a newer receiver high up on your list of upgrades, seriously!! I am so glad I upgraded to my Yamie 663, not high end by any means but a strong performer none the less.

I would highly recomend the Ratchet and Clank series, You mass a large collection of weapons and smash everything in sight while fighting bad guys, monsters and solve puzzles.

Wall-e, You are the poor lonley robot and you collect items while navigating the devistated earth then you meet your true love and save her from a bad fate and in the end you free all of mankind to return to earth, just like the movie.

GTA4 for just steeling cars, driving like crazy, smashing into things etc. The story line is a bit rough (you climb the ladder in the crime world) but eventually you get to fly choppers, steel boats, get into fights, shoot people etc.

I have spent many hours playing the above games and several I just don't have time to write about. Other than driving, what kind of games interest you?

Shoot em ups? SiFi? Puzzles? lots of directions to head in the gaming world, enjpy!

That's it! I'm avoiding this thread or you guys are going to convince me to get a PS3!

Don't do it tommyboy. I'm not kidding. You'll end up like the rest of us.

I'm addicted to this Formula One and Gran Turismo thing. The graphics on Gran Turismo are 1080p, looks photo realistic at times. I've got a LogiTech wheel on the way. [au][:P]

• Moderators

I'm addicted to this Formula One and Gran Turismo thing. The graphics on Gran Turismo are 1080p, looks photo realistic at times. I've got a LogiTech wheel on the way.

Since the start of this thread, I revisited the Grid Demo that I had previously downloaded. I had not played online yet but the past two nights, I decided to give it a try. It's a great game. I love how when I smash up the car, the car begins to respond according to the damage. Example: I nailed the side of the wall (on several occassions) and the car began to pull so much to the left, it was difficult to steer. I have managed to flip the car, smash it to pieces, and once I totalled it. What a blast! LOL.

I'm heading to GameStop right now to trade in some movies in exchange for Gran Turismo 5 Prologue.

• Moderators

Okay boys...it is time to move this thread to the Gaming category. All in favor? Opposed? The motion has passed.

My bad. I didn't realize we even had a gaming thread. I just took a look at it. It's a pretty happening place over there. [;)]

My lips are [:#].

We now return to your regular scheduled program....

Okay boys...it is time to move this thread to the Gaming category. All in favor? Opposed? The motion has passed. Yes

LOL, it didn't even occur to me that there might be a Gaming catagory. I use this on my home theater you understand. [~]

But yeah......go ahead & move it [Y]

LOL, me either??? And you're NOT helping me not get one of these things! You guys are evil, EVIL I say!

Well, I was helping you get one of these things; I had a PS3 posted in Garage Sale for $250 a couple weeks ago (sold)

Very weird, that was the first game I downloaded when I got my PS3. I haven't been on the PS3 network in a few months, I don't have a cable modem anymore, we moved out of bounds.

I'll check again tonight to see if Gran Turismo 5 can be downloaded as a free demo. If anyone knows where it is, please let me know. I would love to check it out.

I'm not absolutely sure, but I believe I saw another post somewhere that mentioned since "Prologue" is now available for sale, the "demo" download is no longer available ~ they want us to buy it. (which I did). Prologue, I'm pretty sure, per the Yamanichi interviews has all the functionality of what the final release will be ~ minus certain cars and tracks and "extras".

Best Buy has it for $10 off + I had some rewards to use up, so it wasn't much for me.