Mantle Shelf Build for RC-64

roaddog359

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Ok now I can see what your talking about, that looks great. That looks like it would take alot of patience, I do some woodworking but I don't have any experience with moulding like that. I have just done a little floor and door moulding I have never tried crown moulding, that looks a little tougher. Very nice !

Thanks guys, I am glad you like it. I will be taking some better shots when I get it stained. Are you wondering what color stain? Or brand? The dimensions are 7ft long. The center is 13 inches high by 16 inches deep and 3 feet wide. The middle is 11 inches high by 13 inches deep and 1 foot wide . The end is 9 inches high by 10 inches deep and 1 foot wide.

That thing is huge, now that's some serious stacking of moulding. How many pieces top to bottom, nice work !

here is the finished product. after the stain and sealer was applied. The center only has 2 pieces of base stacked and 1 piece of 7" crown. The middle has 1 piece of base and 7" crown, the ends are only 7" crown. All the pieces are high end mill work that came from a mill in AZ. I had a friend pick it up for me.

post-33807-13819474581664_thumb.jpg

That thing is a beast.

How long did it take you to build it?

Yea, I also call it the "Beast" It only took us a few hours of actual build time. I think we may get around to mounting it to the wall this week if we can get our schedules together.