Help with RB-61

djnenenyc

What's up Klipsch'ters!

Ok, i need your help. I purchased on eBay a "Brand New" set of RB-61's. Received them, original box and packaging...still new smell (if that makes any sense)..all looked good. Hooked them up..put on a Blu-ray, and noticed something was off. Upon closer examination noticed the Highs on one of the speakers is not sounding. Is this a blown horn? And if so, what will it cost me to get repaired? Thank you for your help.

Sorry for the newbie question but, can it be something other than the horn? like perhaps the crossover?

The specs read as following for the high frequencies....1" (2.54cm) Titanium diaphragm compression driver mated to 90x60 square Tractrix® Horn

Now, will i have to change just the 1" driver or also the Tractrix Horn? If thats a silly question don't knock me. Newbie [8-|]

• Moderators

still new smell (if that makes any sense)

Oh yes...I can still remember the smell of mine when I opened the box. You'll never forget the smell of your first new Klipsch speakers. [:D]

Upon closer examination noticed the Highs on one of the speakers is not sounding.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I could be way off but I'm wondering if the wire became disconected inside the speaker during shipping. I'm assuming by the previous comments that the rb-61's have the dual binding posts. Try this, remove the metal jumpers and connect to the top posts. Do you get sound? Now connect just to the bottom posts. If you don't get sound from the tweeter when you switch the binding post, it's something on the inside (cable disconnected, xover or maybe blown tweeter.

But if that doesn't resolve the issue, what parts should i order?

Take it slow. First open it up and check the wires. If everything is connected like it should be then try switching the speakers to see if it follow that speaker and not something else like wires. Do the speakers have jumpers on them?

James

Would strongly suggest that you talk to a tech at klipsch. I had a similar situation with a RWS 15 sub. In my situation a wire had come loose inside the speaker. They talked me through the proceedure on the phone. I have zero mechanical ability and I was able to pull it off. May save you a world of inconvience.