Palladium Demo Room at Klipsch

Mark,

For your consideration: The top of the line Denon Preamp/processor would allow you to process your inputs, including the HDMI high def DD and DTS formats and use your own Macintosh or other discrete amps. Upscale Denon receivers and pre/procs have the capability to run a 2 chan and surround system with different or same fronts. I'm using my 4806 to run Cornwall II fronts for 2 chan and RF-63/RC-64 etc as the surround system. I love the clean sound of Denon and would consider it complimentarily uncolored like the Palladiums.....

AVP-A1HDCI Ultra-Reference 12 Channel A/V Home Theater/MultiMedia Preamplifier with Network Streaming and Wi-Fi
http://www.usa.denon.com/ProductDetails/3922.asp

The matching Denon power amp is listed 2nd on the list at
http://www.usa.denon.com/ProductDetails/AVReceivers.asp

Have a great time with your work at Klipsch, you're livin the dream man!

Kimball

Given the current economic climate, may I suggest an undercurrent to any selection of equipment that may reduce your choices but be a PR winner?

Make sure that every single component is US made, and prominently display this fact in the Demo Room.

I'm sure you could source donated equipment from the appropriate manufacurers (McIntosh comes to mind). This would be a PR windfall for them.

Money is tight evrywhere and Klipsch is no exception. So there are changes to the current strategy.

We have debated as to whether True HD Audio (DTS 7.1) should be demoed in this room. Kerry and I argued with one of the VP's that 7 channel would muddy up 2 channel designs for the room, so the new theory is that we will do 2 channel in the current multi-function room because it is larger and the bass is stellar in that room and the 7.1 will be done in the new Palladium room. We will probably do Denon or upgrade the Carey Audio to 7.1.

For the 2 Channel it is not clear yet what we will do. You would think that McIntosh would be happy to have equipment demoed with our $20K speakers but I am sure their budget is tight also.

There will be a review coming out in a major magazine that puts the Palladium at the top of the ranks, so it would be compelling for someone to have their gear shown with ours. This magazine liked the product enough to use it for evaluation of several amps in later reviews. News at eleven...

It is my belief that Klispch should showcase current (or relatively current) models that are readily available that mate well with the Palladiums.

They should also make sense from a fiscal sense, ie, be in line with the price point of a Palladium purchaser.

Demoing Klipsch Premium Loudspeakers with system components that are not available makes no sense whatsoever.

• 2 weeks later...

Like two other natives (Jacuzzi Brothers and The Sharper Image) I have always felt Klipsch should open a full line retail store in Little Rock. With that said I also beleive a trade in rooom with re-sale models being driven by vintage gear would be something out of the ordinary for most salon's.

Like Heritage the store should be massive with individual rooms dedicated to the various Klipsch lines from the Palladium's all the way down to media speakers. Heck I could even see a room setup like an office with an adjacent conference room all appointed with various systems. I have a friend back in Texas who's work cube is a literal HT. Has the Klipsch 5.1 setup, 24" Dell monitor with a trick sound card. This along with some work cubes with 2.1 setups would be nice to showcase multimedia gears and then on to other rooms to hear RF's or Heritage setups.

I personally think enthusiast from all over would come to a showroom like this. Strictly selling speakers Klipsch would be able to put all kinds of systems behind the speakers to showcase just how good they sound with a veriety of gears from many a reputable manufacturer. Heck the Heritage room alone could have a system powered by Mac, VRD, tube gear and maybe some new NAD SS gear or pretty much anything solid they wish since the gear would strictly be for demoing Klipsch speakers[:D]

Heck, some of us "Audio Crazy" (yes that is a direct rip off of Barry Meguiar's "Car Crazy" theme) folks could spend an entire day in a place like this[:P]

Money is tight evrywhere and Klipsch is no exception. So there are changes to the current strategy.

We have debated as to whether True HD Audio (DTS 7.1) should be demoed in this room. Kerry and I argued with one of the VP's that 7 channel would muddy up 2 channel designs for the room, so the new theory is that we will do 2 channel in the current multi-function room because it is larger and the bass is stellar in that room and the 7.1 will be done in the new Palladium room. We will probably do Denon or upgrade the Carey Audio to 7.1.

For the 2 Channel it is not clear yet what we will do. You would think that McIntosh would be happy to have equipment demoed with our $20K speakers but I am sure their budget is tight also.

There will be a review coming out in a major magazine that puts the Palladium at the top of the ranks, so it would be compelling for someone to have their gear shown with ours. This magazine liked the product enough to use it for evaluation of several amps in later reviews. News at eleven...

Excellent Idea. If you go with the Denon for the Pal 7.1 system please post your impressions of this set up.

Pro. Thump, I have a suggestion for moving these beasts. Try using loops of wide straps (slings) underneath the speakers (two per) in such a way that the spikes will not allow the straps to slip off. Have two people lift, and one person guide the placement. Additionally, I'd use some cardboard corner protectors under the straps (can be temporarily blue-taped to the speakers).

congrats on the aweome stereophile magazine expose.

if i were prospecting to set up a '2 channel' system around these beauties i would look at my budget.

first i would be over budget with the speaker purchase alone. ...hell the new speaker cables i would in all likely hood have to have for these would be around 3 weeks takehome pay (after 401K contribution)..... :)

but if i were to find a 'pair' i would have to make do with the amp/pre/integrated/ cd/phono stuff i have.

i would like to know if my mac 275 V and modwright tubed pre would get close to doing the pals justice?

i have a 9w 300B integrated that works my cornerhorns ... what about a amp like that driving the pals ?

and then i have a few old school 100+ watt/ch recievers from the 70's . would it be fun to see how these do with the pals?

well to finish up... i think you will optimize for the best presentation.

ss and tube. high end and modest end.

go with 2 ch.

less clutter and obfusication.

good luck and success with your new product.

hope to visit hope someday.

paul