what do you guys think of my stands

my sap trios came with some seriously wimpy stands they weighed in at 5 pounds and were truely flimsy

so i came up with this design and built them this morning withe wifeys approval, the 3 pipes are filled with sand and they weigh right at 30 pounds each now, i had the spikes setting around not being used, so made some oak outriggers and put the spikes on them

painted the pipes same color as the spacers on the rack kinda all blends in nicely now

joe

• Moderators

Looks good, I did something similar one 6" pipe in the center for some Forte ll's, I just painted them black, but I like your colors, and the 3 pipes look better.

I cut it down to try it out on top of another speaker to lift the Fll over a bigger horn. [:S] I don't know if it is going to stay or not, if it does I will repaint or at least clean it !

post-11804-13819474651832_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

I just cut them out of wood and routed the end to make it round, there is a round piece of wood inside the pipe screwed to the pipe. The base is just glued and screwed to the piece inside the pipe.

They have been sitting in the workshop, they were on there way out when I thought about cutting one down to see how it looked, they were a little taller when they were on the floor.

I put it inside yesterday and I don't know if I like it or not ? I never even tried it yet to see if it even sounds ok, also haven't checked with the boss.

• Moderators

Joe I am sorry for jumping on your thread like this, I thought about it after it was done, sorry. I had your attention so I thought i would ask what you thought, without thinking what I was doing. erased

If i ever make more stands I will use the three pipes i think it looks much better, I had seen some like that but instead of pipes it was like 1'' by 3'' boards and it didn't look that sturdy, but it probably was.