Charles Rodrigues audiophile cartoons

DTLongo

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another.. There are still some 20 or so "goodies" in the the Rodrigues "Total Harmonic Distortion" book. Is there interest in my continuing to post these or have you had enuf? Let me know. If any of you have other audiophile cartoons squirreled away, please post them, too.

post-10590-138194753435_thumb.jpg

OK, here's another. This one actually rings true with yours truly. No it wasn't an anechoic chamber but a high-end, long-defunct retailer named Excalibur had a pair (actually quartet) of Infinity Reference Standard towers (ca. $40,000) on display in Alexandria VA around 1980. Something like 1500 watts per side and other bells and whistles. So we ran the Telarc "1812" and it was of course awesome. But my present Klipschorns evoke that with a lot less power. Caution to would-be audiophiliacs: it's like fishing, when you get hooked, the sky's the limit seeking the Holy Grail. Eventually you reach calmer shores (me age 67, I now hear little sine-wave-test-wise beyond 10K hz. but hey, OK). This is still a great hobby and the more you are in to actual music (me: symphonic), the more it pays off.

post-10590-13819475350236_thumb.jpg