Charles Rodrigues audiophile cartoons

DTLongo

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK everyone, here's the last "Goodie" from the out-if-print Rodrigues "Total Harmonic Distortion" book I described at the beginning of this string. I chose the 'toons that particularly tickled my funnybone. Perhaps more than one of you can relate personally yourselves to one or another of the audio-happenings depicted. In any event I hope you've all enjoyed this stroll down audiophile Memory Lane, as it were. Allbests,Tom in Delmar MD.

post-10590-13819488700572_thumb.jpg

Rodrigues%20-%20foodstamps.jpg

Now here is the one that I can relate to, as I am trying to figure out just where in the h-e-double-hockey-sticks where I am going to fit into my rack this new two-channel Denon reciever that I going to use to power my outdoor system that is going out on my new deck (a pair of those Klipsch AWR-650-SM rock speakers. At least I don't have to worry about the "food stamps" part, though. If I tried to apply for food stamps, they would be like, "And just how much are you making????"

• 14 years later...

I recall too many years ago seeing a cartoon of two seniors looking into a stereo shop and lamenting the fact that now they can afford the equipment but are no longer able to hear it. Would love to see that cartoon once again. BTW, it was in a stereo magazine at my barber 58 years ago...ouch!