Olde Zenith H664 Radio TT

seti

Someone at work ask if I liked old radios with tubes. Well hell does the pope wear crazy hats. This has to be the biggest piece of baklite I've ever seen. The am radio works on a couple radio stations. The turntable turns and music comes out but there are rumbles and funky things happening with the needle. It doesn't play songs but it does play interested skips and loops. Sounds like something from a horror movie.

IMG_1462.JPG

IMG_1463.JPG

IMG_1465.JPG

It is bigger than it looks. Are there any radio buffs out there that can give me some info on this radio tt?

I work for a manufacturing company... Some of our old (WWII and before) engineering specs include a material call-out: "HBP" An old timer told me it stood for "hard, black plastic." Anybody here who has dealt with modern engineering specs will chuckle at that...

This was also a time when a military aviation performance spec for a fire supression switch was 1/2 of a quattro sized piece of paper! [:o]

The turntable turns and music comes out but there are rumbles and funky things happening with the needle. It doesn't play songs but it does play interested skips and loops. Sounds like something from a horror movie.

Obviously, you need better source material. Do you have any sealed 200-gram, 45 RPM jazz reissues? They'd make that baby sing!

Cool unit, Iain!

Thanks guys I am ordering new tubes and then I'm going to order caps. If that doesn't get it working not sure what I'll do.I'm going to use this player for strictly 78s. I'm always seeing them at flea markets and estate sales.

That is vintage DECCA 45 there Ernest Tubb and His Texas Troubadours.