The Red Wings are RED hot, why am I blue?

DizRotus

While posting a thread in the Garage Sale forum (Khorns $1,750), the car in my avatar mysteriously changed from Detroit Red Wings red to blue. Anybody know why and/or how it could happen? I suppose I can reload the original picture.

If the red had turned to black or gold I'd suspect a Penguins conspiracy.

Hi Glenn,

How about that Spartan, Justin Abdelkader?

The blue car mystrey remains, but only when viewed on the PC through Internet Explorer. If I didn't need to use IE in my businesss, I wouldn't use it at all. In fact, I'd consider going to Mac, if so much of what I use in my buisiness weren't PC dependent.

When using Firefox on the PC, the car is red, and when using a laptop, the car is red, irrespective of whether viewed with Firefox or IE. It's a puzzle.

I really need a new PC. The existing one is >6 years old and has other issues. In addition to the expense, I dread having to take a weekend to setup a new computer and move all the needed files, not to mention being forced to learn VISTA.

GO WINGS!

I'm on IE and the car looks red (as it always has) to me so it must be something to do with your PC. I have been loading software on Vista clients here at work and other than things being slightly different, it seems to be working really well for the users. It takes a little getting used to is all. -Glenn

Now this is a surprise that it's blue to two others. I'd assumed that it was a problem with my PC. The sample is very low, but it seems that Firefox always displays the avatar in red and that IE shows red sometimes and blue sometimes.

I played around with this a little more and found out that the car is only blue in IE8, not IE7 or earlier.

This is still really weird as no other avatars are affected by this as far as I can tell.

My guess is there is something unique about your avatar image. Did you alter it to make it red?

Weird! I did not alter the color of the original photo.

Your investigative results are consistent with my experience. My PC has IE8 and shows blue. My laptop has IE7 and shows red. No other colors are affected. For example, The Red Wings logo in Picky's avatar is always red, whether the car in my avatar is blue or red.

David,

I like your avatar. Imagine the Cups the Wings could have won if V.K. had worn a seat belt and if the limo driver weren't a stoner.

Go Wings!

That accident was an absolute tragedy. I, too, often think of what may-have-been if we had another perennial Norris candidate back their with Lidstrom & co., especially one who strikes fear in the hearts of his opponents. Konstantinov is one of my all-time Wings favorites.

The Wings didn't seem to be playing their A-game last night. To me, they looked a bit tired and uninterested. Additionally, they seem to really thrive when they are driving the net and last night they seemed to be doing much more shooting from the top of the circle. I have to give credit to the Pens for playing a great game but the Wings just didn't seem to be up to the task last night.

Go Wings!!