Looking for a new receiver, could use recommendations?!

smcilwaine287

Hey all,

I have the rf-62's w/ rc-52 center and rw-12d subwoofer. I am currently powering them with the yamaha 663 receiver (and by the way i finally found a sound i really enjoy).

I am now looking to set up a bedroom system and am considering using the 663 for my bedroom, and upgrading my living room receiver.

Has anyone used the pioneer elite sc- 05 or 03? what else is recommended?

UH, I upgraded to the 663 but I run it with an outboard amp for the mains. Nothing but good sound from the combo. It (they) are driving Fort'e1s Acadamey center, Quartet sides and KG1.5 backs. Sounds great to me.

I would look at more Yamaha but then that is me, I have liked Yamaha since 1977! AND I still own every piece of yamaha gear I have ever bought, it all still sounds great!!!

I would suggest you buy Wuzzer's Onkyo TX-SR805. There is not a more feature-laden, with a bigger power supply or better amp section, with Burr-Brown dacs, and is THX Ultra2 cert. receiver on the market anywhere close to the price he is asking. Wow, that was a mouth full.

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/120959.aspx

Bill

With that beast the shipping alone would be at least $45.00.