Lascallas Craigslist Austin $30.00

Cornman

Wow what a day! I just got in from scoring these industral Lascalla's off Craigs list.I thought the add was proably a miss print of $300.00. The add was placed at 4am & said please do not call untill after noon. Well of course I start calling at 8am ever 10 minutes. finally make contact at noon, but the guy says they are alredy sold!I I ask has the buyer picked them up yet? Seller says no, I say I will double your asking price ($60.000 he says I will call you back returns call says other buyer will pay $200.00. I say let me come look & see if I want to match offer I am flying & get there in 5 minutes. Could not hear them play but decide to risk it & pay the guy.Get them back to the shop ever thing seems good except for one tweeter (K77) open windings.

Only one speaker has a sereal # 8600108, croosovers are type AL. What year mdl. are they & is there a more preferrable croosover type? They are deffineatly not a matching pair - one has the metal corner & edge guards the other does not it also has more tapered edges on on the motor board of speaker openings.

I am pumped but exhausted, will post some pictures soon.

Cornman

metal edge guards- DUDE THATS AN LSI (Industrial) model, it probably has a closed back and the serial number on it will give cue as to date. That one should have the K43 woofer stock.

Very nice score.

86 would be the date of manufacture for the s/n you gave.

If you're going to use these I'd shoot to get the woofers, mids, and crossovers matching between them. Some photos would help. The woofers are accessed via the hatch on the bottom, remove the middle 6" rear panel (where the jack cup is) of the LSI to get to it's network.

That's the add Corvette,along with a bad photo. I am glad some one else copyed the add, many would have thought it a hoax. The horns, tweeters & croosovers match. I will try to get into the bass compartment this afternoon.

Thanks for the help Colter, man you really get up early.

Cornman

• Moderators

Wow what a day! I just got in from scoring these industral Lascalla's off Craigs list.I thought the add was proably a miss print of $300.00. The add was placed at 4am & said please do not call untill after noon. Well of course I start calling at 8am ever 10 minutes. finally make contact at noon, but the guy says they are alredy sold!I I ask has the buyer picked them up yet? Seller says no, I say I will double your asking price ($60.000 he says I will call you back returns call says other buyer will pay $200.00. I say let me come look & see if I want to match offer I am flying & get there in 5 minutes. Could not hear them play but decide to risk it & pay the guy.Get them back to the shop ever thing seems good except for one tweeter (K77) open windings.

Only one speaker has a sereal # 8600108, croosovers are type AL. What year mdl. are they & is there a more preferrable croosover type? They are deffineatly not a matching pair - one has the metal corner & edge guards the other does not it also has more tapered edges on on the motor board of speaker openings.

I am pumped but exhausted, will post some pictures soon.

Cornman

No wonder I never score anything in Austin, I'm always trailing in you dust. Congratulations Cornman, nice score, Glad they are staying in the family and not going to some ebay reseller.

Travis

Posted Image

All drivers match with

K-33-M

K-55

K-43 E

But as you can see the cabinets are not a match.

One has the metal cover guards, the other with no guards has rounded corner edges & rounded openings for the horns in the motor board.

Anyone know the story on these differences?

-Cornman