New Neil, anyone heard it?

rplace

So has anyone heard/bought this LP? I'd love to have it...wondering how the sound quality is.

http://www.elusivedisc.com/prodinfo.asp?number=WEALP49839&utm_source=email&utm_medium=special

I am on the fence with the salty price. For some reason 49.95 for the MM 45rpm double discs seem to sit ok with me. This has twice the music (or there about) but the extra 15 bones seems to push the price beyond what seems reasonable for a "record".

Thoughts?

• Moderators

The average joe wouldn't buy a record so they figure they can hit you for extra money because you care about quality ?

I was in BB the other day and the box set was $ 350., I would not buy it if Neil opens the box and puts in the CD himself ! I don't like him that much, I like CSNY more than just him by himself.

THe $ 350 was for the Blu Ray Box set.

I will probably get the DVD Box for $ 100 less I think and I will share cost with a friend.

It is a sand people rusties kind of thing that just needs to be in the house.

I saw Neil livew 4 times before I was 20 and not sure how many times since.

Better to burn out...

I have it and have listened to it several times recently...and I seldom listen to a record more than once before it gets logged in my Access database and filed. I think the sound quality is only average but what sets it apart is Neil's conversations between the songs...it gives you a glimpse into what he was like when he was young and amazed by how much money he was making.

Keep in mind I have collected all of Neil's lps...probably 20+...and would buy anything he puts out.

I read once that when Neil was looking to buy his ranch, the real estate agent was surprised that someone so young was looking at such big properties and asked him what he did for a living.

"I'm a singer."

"Well, you must be a really good singer!" was the reply.

My sentiments exactly. Very well put, even the part where you buy everything he releases on vinyl.

I have it and have listened to it several times recently...and I seldom listen to a record more than once before it gets logged in my Access database and filed. I think the sound quality is only average but what sets it apart is Neil's conversations between the songs...it gives you a glimpse into what he was like when he was young and amazed by how much money he was making.

Keep in mind I have collected all of Neil's lps...probably 20+...and would buy anything he puts out.