Tom's humble garage/workshop finally finished

Tom Adams

Cal Blacksmith's workshop would house a small business, and yes, the Heresy's fill with sound quite nicely. LaScallas's would be nice, but not sure how you would get them up the stairs to the loft........

Nice setup, Tom, you've got me thinking about garage plans now......

• Moderators

Tools and clutter

Clutter.. your rookie if you think that's clutter, mine is so bad I will NOT show a pic right now ! [:$]

Was working or a bunch of outside projects at once and things just got thrown back into the workshop and not put away, then we had two weeks of 100 degree heat and I was hibernating inside and just left the workshop alone, it's bad.

I only have 4550 square feet under a roof, but its a barn so I have to share it with the horses. I do have a 29X12 workshop built inside with a 16 foot workbench and tons of shelves. Its a disaster in there now so no pics. It has a full hay loft that I really want to turn into a cool mancave if I ever get the money to do it the way I want it.

post-16814-13819477024934_thumb.jpg

Again - thanks guys for all the kind words.

And I appreciate seeing other's workshops/garages/whatever. Well....except for cal blacksmith. His place don't count 'cause it's a home factory. LOL....... Sheesh, that place is big. It reminds me of our neighbor (Greg) behind us who's got a steel building about that size. My wife hates it when I visit Greg 'cause she says I get this look in my eyes that reminds her of what her son looked like on Christmas morning. Greg's got just about everything - a Bridgeport milling machine, 6' engine lathe, tube bender, car lift, etc., etc. In a separate building, which is an old barn original to his family and their sawmill days, is a bunch of wood working tools that I could spend days looking at for many are at least 100 years old or more. And then there is Greg himself - just a simple, local, single country boy with a high school education that don't cook 'cause "every kinda food I like they have at da Huddle House". LOL..... And a guy that can spec out a custom grind camshaft for his 402 small block stroker motor with custom designed & fabricated (by him) stainless steel headers and all sorts of other go-fast stuff he built. The guy is just amazing. Oh - and he makes some very nice home-made wine that'll knock you on your @ss.

As for tools & clutter.....give me time. But FWIW, I'm pretty good at filling up a space. See????

post-4338-13819477025984_thumb.jpg

That's better Tom, enjoy the space while you have it, it'll fill up soon enough. I went boating yesterday so parked the Stingray in the shop for the first time ever- looks cool but eats up all my clean floor space.

Looks like you and I have exactly the same Craftsman tool boxes, I mean like nearly identical! Cool- I nearly need a step stool to get in the top drawers LOL

M

Tom: That's just about the purtiest thing I've ever seen (your finished garage photos). I'm gonna have to give some thought to doing one of those floors myself. Great idea! I've researched them for a couple of years now, but you are the first friend I have that decided to take the plunge. Nice going!

Possible future site of new floating garage floor..... LOL

post-10177-13819477144012_thumb.jpg