Vintage Audio literature enthusiasts (seti)

Amy

Is the Heritage Series no longer being advertised? People will start to think they've been discontinued. Is Klipsch selling all the Heritage speakers it can make and doesn't want to increase production? Just curious.

• Moderators

I just put up a few more vintage ads. If anyone has any to contribute, send them my way!

Is the Heritage Series no longer being advertised? People will start to think they've been discontinued. Is Klipsch selling all the Heritage speakers it can make and doesn't want to increase production? Just curious.

We haven't been doing a whole lot of paid advertising in general, at least in trade magazines. I still get the word out about Heritage through social media networks, blogs, and review sites. Word of mouth is the most powerful tool these days.

In fact, we recently had a Khorn review in Hi-Fi magazine (UK), which goes a long way to spreading the word.

I think that's the most worshipful review I've ever read. The writer was very impressed, both with the sound of the Klipschorns and with their significance in the history of hi-fi. Did you notice the price? 12,000 pounds is over $20,000! The VAT (Value Added Tax) in the UK makes everything very expensive and it's included in the price of every item, not added on later like we're accustomed to in North America.

Maybe the reason the British take their hobbies so seriously is that they cost so much. A motorcycle that costs $12-13K in the US is $15-16K in Canada (in Canadian dollars, so the actual price is not that different), but $22-24K in Britain (in US dollars). It's the same with most consumer items over there, so they're well accustomed to it.

Are there many Heritage dealers in the UK?