p-39f cost

p.dow

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I have recent correspondence with Klipsch and their dealers some actually quoted me $54000 $CAD for 5.1ch P39F system. I have a quote from a US Dealer for less than $24000 for the same system including shipping to CANADA with a North American warranty valid in CANADA and the US.

This is $USD MSRP from KLIPSCH

P-39F - $20,000.00 per pair

P-38F - $12,000.00 per pair

P-37F - $8,000.00 per pair

P-17B - $4,000.00 per pair

P-27S - $4,000.00 per pair

P-27C- $3,500P.00 each

P-312W -$4,000.00 each

This is the $CAD MSRP From Klipsch Canada

PF-39F $12900.00 each

PF-38F $7990.00 each

PF-37F $5330.00 each

P-17B $2670.00 each

P-27S $4660.00 each

P-27C - $N/A

P-312W $5330.00 each

These Prices are the MSRP and reflect the 50% price margin for retailers.

Below is a link to Gentech International; a Canadian warehouse / fullfillment Company that carries the Palladium line. They show the P-39f at CAD $12,900 (each). Didn't find the 5.1 channel system, but the Palladium series is there to build whatever you wish.

They are in Markham, ON and you can reach them at 1-905-513-7733.

http://catalogue.gentec-intl.com/B2Cpdf/5501.pdf (scroll down past the company info to see the Palladium line)

http://www.gentec-intl.com/product/palladium-3-9-drivers-floorspeaker-right-hand-natural--p39frhn/ (direct to the P-39f)

Where do you live in Canada? Toronto - drive to Buffalo. Nunavut - and you're out of luck.

Becomming a Klipsch dealer in Canada http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/where-to-buy/become-a-dealer/

However you end up with a Palladium system, you'll have a smile on your face and a tear in your eye.

Cheers.

I'm in Canada and I wanted to know why I can save $13K on the MSRP alone by driving 1/2 Hr to the US border

compared to 45-60 mins to the closest Canadian authorized dealer and an extra $13k

If you go to different Canadian retailers Websites the prices don't list MSRP the prices only list SRP.

If Klipsch is condoning this appalling MSRP discrepancy then I'm going to shop in the US

The warranty is valid in Canada and the US so why isn't the price ?

Probably the same$13k reasons

When pressed on the price discrepancy the local dealer responds with

" I'm sorry we won't be able to help you"

Probably because of the same $13K reasons.

Support from Klipsch has not returned any of my emails on the subject after several days now

I'm concerned about the lack of a response or passing the buck back to the dealer or importer

Thank you for the input if you want to discuss this further please PM me

The US MSRP for 5.1 P39F is $31500.00 $USD most authorized dealers will offer 30% - 40% off US MSRP on complete system 5.1ch and up.

In Canada for the exact system MSRP alone is almost $13K more than the US MSRP of $31500.oo

No one has the answers to this appalling price discrepancy and the obvious greedy money grab that it is.

No discount for complete system purchase according to the CANADIAN DISTRIBUTOR.

The MSRP in CANADA is $43000.oo alone compared to The US MSRP of $31500.oo.

The authorized dealer quote of $20475.oo with 35% off in the US is an appalling savings of close to $23K.

I really wonder what planet these greedy f@#$%^&*()_(*&^% think they are on I have gathered all the correspondence necessary to prove my claim.

I have an initial quote of $54000.oo for this system when I asked why the huge price hike since the US MSRP is only $31500.oo in the US.

The response was a quote of $43000.oo again I asked why the retail MSRP is $13K less in the US.

The last response was"sorry we are unable to help you"

That response is from the only local authorized Klipsch Palladium retailer in BC Canada where I was directed by the sole CANADIAN IMPORTER in Ontario.

To top it off they don't even stock the palladium line.

The US MSRP for 5.1 P39F is $31500.00 $USD most authorized dealers will offer 30% - 40% off US MSRP on complete system 5.1ch and up.

In Canada for the exact system MSRP alone is almost $13K more than the US MSRP of $31500.oo

No one has the answers to this appalling price discrepancy and the obvious greedy money grab that it is.

No discount for complete system purchase according to the CANADIAN DISTRIBUTOR.

The MSRP in CANADA is $43000.oo alone compared to The US MSRP of $31500.oo.

The authorized dealer quote of $20475.oo with 35% off in the US is an appalling savings of close to $23K.

I really wonder what planet these greedy f@#$%^&*()_(*&^% think they are on I have gathered all the correspondence necessary to prove my claim.

I have an initial quote of $54000.oo for this system when I asked why the huge price hike since the US MSRP is only $31500.oo in the US.

The response was a quote of $43000.oo within 10 mins. Again I asked why the retail MSRP is $13K less in the US.

The last response was"sorry we are unable to help you"

That response is from the only local authorized Klipsch Palladium retailer in BC Canada. I was directed there by the sole CANADIAN IMPORTER.

To top it off the dealer doesn't even stock the palladium line.

I have gathered all the correspondence necessary to prove my claim. I have an initial quote of $54000.oo for this system when I asked why the huge price hike since the US MSRP is only $31500.oo in the US. The response was a quote of $43000.oo within 10 mins. Again I asked why the retail MSRP is $13K less in the US. The last response was"sorry we are unable to help you" That response is from the only local authorized Klipsch Palladium retailer in BC Canada. I was directed there by the sole CANADIAN IMPORTER. To top it off the dealer doesn't even stock the palladium line.

"Prove your claim"? What are you claiming? Distributors in different countries charge different prices. No-one likes to pay high prices, but there's nothing illegal or misleading about these high prices. They even offered you an $11,000 discount.

Gentec do seem to be very determined to make money on each sale. If the prices are per speaker, as it appears on their site, Klipschorns are $6990 each, or $13,980 per pair, La Scala IIs are $5190 each, or $10,380 per pair, Cornwalls are $2790 each, or $5580 per pair, and Heresy IIIs are $1190 each, or $2380 per pair.

Those prices are all in Canadian dollars, and don't include taxes. Under the former distributor, I seem to recall that prices were quite a bit lower at the dealers.

However, if you can save thousands of dollars by ordering from the US, why not do so? Getting upset with the Canadian distributor because you feel their prices are too high will get you nowhere. If they don't feel any need to price their products competitively, nothing you can say to them will make any difference.

Also, I don't believe many dealers anywhere stock the Palladium line. They're a premium product that does not sell in high volume, so they'll usually be special order only.

Given the dollar amount you are talking about might also consider looking into the Jubilee's as Kudret did. I'd wager you a nice lunch that you could end up with a better sound/dollar ratio IF you can handle their size & looks.

Kudret is in Montreal, I don't know what his cost was nor what hassels he had to go through.

No one has ever offered $11000 off they called it a mistake and that they hadn't recalculated exchange rate recently

I don't recall mentioning Gentec and as far as proving my claim I have enough correspondence to prove my claims I can forward copies if you wish.

The only discount I was offered is from a US retailer for 35% off US MSRP, Klipsch Canada informed me there are no discounts for complete systems

purchases on the Palladium line.

There are no local retailers for me to audition the Palladiums and I have been offered the fly and buy program by several US retailers as far away as Chicago.

Heres how it works: You fly to the dealers city in the US if you buy they pay for your flight, if you don't buy they pay for half the airfare.

I've always wanted to see Chicago, Green Bay, San Diego etc on someone else's dime + $23k less, where would you shop?

Klipsch has 3 authorized dealers in Honolulu!! :)

Fly and buy is fine, but... Who's footing the bill to ship the whole Palladium system to Canada from San Diego?! This is BIG / HEAVY stuff. You may spend the $11,000 saved in shipping costs.

I'm guessing you are in the Toronto area. If so, drive to the Buffalo / Amherst high-end audio shops, rent a U-Haul and (carefully) drive the system home.

...as far as proving my claim I have enough correspondence to prove my claims I can forward copies if you wish. The only discount I was offered is from a US retailer for 35% off US MSRP, Klipsch Canada informed me there are no discounts for complete systems purchases on the Palladium line. There are no local retailers for me to audition the Palladiums and I have been offered the fly and buy program by several US retailers as far away as Chicago. Heres how it works: You fly to the dealers city in the US if you buy they pay for your flight, if you don't buy they pay for half the airfare. I've always wanted to see Chicago, Green Bay, San Diego etc on someone else's dime + $23k less, where would you shop?

So what are you claiming? That Palladiums cost a lot more in Canada? Nearly everything costs more in Canada. Sometimes a little more, sometimes a lot more. We don't like it, but as I wrote in my previous post, it's not illegal or misleading.

As I also wrote, if you can save thousands by shopping in the US, why not do so? Did you not read that far?

• 8 months later...
  • Moderators

I own the complete setup and paid ful retail for it. $20K for the 39's. Earlier they were listed at 15K, but there was a price increase just as they were released, to my understanding. IMHO worth every penny!

Wow Scott, I'm kinda drooling at your system. Just curious what city you are in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Paul, I paid $4150.00 for my gently broken in 37s and $3k for my 27 demo; all in perfect condition. Obviously, I'll be looking for used P39s or P17s to complete the system. I auditioned the P-39s and they are huge. I'd love to get them in my cave but you certainly make a good point as it may be years before can afford a pair. I believe today I could get a pair for 14k (demos). There is something about the artwork in the cabinetry that adds to the sonics which also adds to the cost. The gentleman who owned my 37s before me used the them as a stereo system and told me he is going to invest in 39s after selling off some of his other (many many) high end speakers. He said he wanted to be sure the Palladium line was all it was cracked up to be before he spent the big money. He said he had owned $50k speakers at one time. Worth 20k? I could not afford that presently but $14 is a little tempting. I have also to admit there is a bragging rights quality to them. Its not right, just human nature but it is kind of fun to be a sort of celebrity and have your speakers be the object of awe. Its not entirely unwarranted because they sound spectacular (imho...a phrase I almost never use) in so many ways. I'm satisfied. On the other hand, I could barely afford $8k (if I had to pay retail), but I would give it some thought. Additionally here is always the desire of the purchaser to prove the wisdom of the purchase and I doubt I'm above that as I'm human. Again, there are more mature, objective comments that would be less like my kid who just raided the candy store opinions. I'm also brand loyal and loyal to the forums where I've learned a great deal, where I don't always hear what I want but more like what I need. Maybe some of them will chime in. If you read Stereophile, your opinion is one side of a raging battle especially between those who either own or lust after $50 or even $100,000 speaker v those who don't want to pay more than $250. In today's economy, good speakers are about, dollar for dollar, as solid an investment as real estate oddly enough. They certainly could be argued as a selfish luxury item while children are starving in East Africa. But there rears the lesser side of human nature again. All told in general I tend to lean toward your side of the question but I'm going to get possibly a lifetime (I'm 56) of joy from these speakers. Electronics change almost daily but a good speaker will hold its value and justifiably so for a long time. Maybe twenty years and then there are rebuild kits for the really good stuff. Hope any errors in composition, etc, don't take too much away from the reasoning in my opinion. Thanks, Nic.

I'm just glad there is still people who can consider $20k or more for speakers.I bought some little bookshelfs for $5 at a yard sale and sold em' for $2k, god bless the golden eared audiophiles.I did think they sounded pretty nice for the size......