Iformation needed on Heresy speakers

MrMonster

Hello,

I am new here, and need some information on a pair of Early Heresy speakers.

I bought a pair of Klipsh speakers at an estate sale last mont, and need some information.

They are marked on their paer tag on the back as model H OW 1.2 I was told they were purchased in the 60's , and are a matched pair with serial numbers 8C72 and 8C73.

They have the woven cane speaker grilles. Grills are perfect and cabinets only show minimal wear. The owner was a classical music buff and took very good care of his equipment.

Any help for info on these is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Donald Bowman

Seattle

Welcome to the forums!

The C in the serial # indicate they were made in 1964.

I believe the OW indicates Oiled Walnut.

If you'd like to bring the speakers up to like new specs, contact DeanG or BEC (members of the forum). They can walk you through refurbishing the crossover network components.

Hello,

Thanks for the replies and the information. Thiey are
from a living estate sale, and they are one and original owner, non
smoker.

The grills are about perfect, and the cabinets have only light wear and some light dents from something sitting on top.

They even have the original registration cards stapled on the back.

How do I add photos to a reply? as I took a few to show.

Anyone know what they are valued at?

Thanks,

Donald

Old Heresy's with consecutive serials = GOOD

Old Heresy's with consecutive serials in great condition = GREAT

Old Heresy's with consecutive serials in great condition w/ cane = AWESOME

Old Heresy's with consecutive serials in great condition w/ original cane = SALIVATE

To post pictures, you click on reply (not quick reply, but the one at the top) there is a tab to attach a file or photo. You also need to type atleast one word. As for value, didn't HudsonValleyNoah recently sell a very old pair of Heresy's in great condition with original boxes...he may be able to tell you how the market was to him. Congrats on a great score. ACE

I think they will sound better if they are place upright and not on their sides.

Thanks for the reply, but please note that it is the photo that is turned on it's side, not the speaker. I was 16 when these were built, so I think I know how to use speakers. LOL

Another photo

You could try to restore those old plastic badges, or you could remove and store them and replace them with the new metal ones, called "Jubilee logos", which are available from Klipsch parts for a small price. They come with a peel-and-stick backing.

post-23736-13819487612172_thumb.jpg

Hey, I'll give you $100 for them and you can go get some new speakers. What are you gonna do with those old antiques?

Wow! a $100.00!!

I have a pair of Klipsch KG 5.2 that I use for my front speakers on my Home theater, and I bought these to add to my 70's receiver collection.

They sound great, but not as good as my JBL L100 or Pioneer HPM 100 on my solid state gear.

I tested them on a friends tube amp, and they were fabulous, a very rich and warm bass and clean treble.

So I may end up selling on Ebay as their sound doesn't translate as well as I had hoped on my solid state gear.

Thank you all very much for the help and input.

Donald Bowman

As for value, didn't HudsonValleyNoah recently sell a very old pair of Heresy's in great condition with original boxes...he may be able to tell you how the market was to him...

Hi New Heresy owner!

I agree with Ace and the others about the excitement about those old model H's.

Very Cool!

As to the pair of Minty old Heresy's I sold on eBay a few months ago, times have changed and I would not expect to get as much today.

If you can hold off on selling them for 6 months or so, you might get twice as much as you could today.

Yours are truly collectors items and should bring extra based on that.

It's a shame that you can't keep, update and enjoy those Heresy's but, they deserve to be with someone who will love them.

You need a real Klipsch aficionado (with some disposable assets...)

Good luck with those sweethearts, what ever you decide!

Noah