Bose does NOT suck

Ray Garrison

You know, as I look at my PRO JBL sub, I cannot see ANYTHING there that is adding unneeasary cost to the speaker. I have SEEN and HEARD some of the Bose pro stuff, and to say the least, it wasn't up to par with the JBL TR series at 1/4 the cost for 4X the preformance.

Did you know that most of the Bose pro stuff used the 4.5" drivers? Imagine getting a spike from the amp or dropping the mike and BLOWING all 9 speakers in the cabinet!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ray,

Really stirring the pot on this one.

My mother in law sleeps real well to my RB5s with a glass of White Zin right out of the box.

She was so surprised to learn that they made a red Zinfindel from them there parts north of Horn Ed. The red Zin was a bit too full flavored for her; she is gonna stay with the White Zin; hates dropping those bottles on the floor as well.

She does not have a Wave Radio; but my brother in law bought her a pair of Cerwin Vegas that he thought Def Leapard sounded good on.

She whacks em pretty hard with the vacuum twice a week and they still play music. Those little cubes may not hold up as well as those Cerwin Vegas do to the old Hoover.

I grew up in a household full of 4 Bose 901 Series I's and large Carver amplifiers. Even though I have chosen "the Klipsch sound", I certainly am thankful that my father had a system of some quality that enabled me to fall in love with this hobby and the music that we sometimes listen to in between moving around our gear. Smile.gif

I am no fan of the acoustimass, but blind brand loyalty and "fan boy" reactionism to their name is just plain silly. If Klipsch started turning out nothing but ProMedia systems, I would first cherish my current gear, but second pick up and look for another place to spend my money when the upgrade bug hit. There are plenty of great speaker systems out there..........

$.02

Speed

------------------

Klipsch Chorus I Mains

Klipsch Academy Center

Klipsch Forte II surrounds

Marantz SR19EX Receiver

Yamaha 5 CD Changer

Mitsubishi WS-55807 55" HDTV

Playstation 2 for games/DVD

Indy---I've seen cocktail lounge bands using Bose for live sound though if I wanted a small speaker for voice reinforcement I'd go with EV or JBL. I haven't seen anyone using Klipsch with a band since early, pre Steve Perry Journey was using 4 LaScalas as side monitors in the, what, 1970s. And my punk-rock band back in 77 used my LaScalas as PA speakers when we played small bars and parties.

Theres a place here where you can race go carts.....cwm20.gif

they use bose. really long and skinny ones......major base. for a moment you could actually think bose were good....till you seen the KLIPSCH subs that they matched with them............4......... cwm24.gif wow....

verrrmmmmm.....

(go cart sound affect)

------------------

My 2 cents...

I'll put it on your tab. :)

what?

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Tech Support

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

Klip is talking about that $1,050 Bose wave radio. It is a bigger version of the $350/$500 wave radio.

That damn $500 Wave radio is MONO!!! CRAP!

The bigger one is basically two wave radios put together. It STILL sucks, no bass from 3" drivers.

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!