I WILL NOT BE A COMPETITIVE EATER

BigStewMan

I just ate half of a large pizza and i feel lousy. yeah, it was good for awhile; but, now i'm regretting it. i guess i won't be guest hosting Man-vs-Food or challenging joey chestnut at the hot dog eating contest anytime soon. at least i was smart enough to pick up a bottle of maalox on my way to get the pizza.

• Moderators

I wouldn't either except for maby that giant steak that is free if you finish it, I know i could go 5 Lbs, I have finished a 3 Lb Prime Rib plus potato and onion rings before. [:$]

tell me about it, last night i spent $35 on chinese takeaway (to go) for me and wife, i was jogging on the spot for the next hour while watching dumb and dumber (rental dvd) as i felt so guilty.. i wished after eating it that I spent $20 on 2 footlong tuna subway instead..

You'd be no match for "Gal" Sone, the 5' 4" 95-pound Japanese speed-eating champion. She's a little cutie and it's amazing to see her pack away more than 15lbs of noodles while not looking like she's stuffing herself.

http://www.wired.com/culture/lifestyle/news/2007/02/72640

There are many videos of her eating enormous amounts of food, but they all seem to have Japanese dialogue and be pretty long and best fast-forwarded through most of them. Her name produced over 110,000 hits on Google.

Downunder, your Chinese is too expensive! $35 for two people? Hope you got alot. We can feed about 8 people here Chinese dinners with soup and eggroll for that kinda dough. Maybe you can do better ordering Kangaroo? I just watched the movie Australia and I noticed they shot one in it.

Now I once at a Mrs Smith's 3lb cherry pie in a contest and did score 2nd place. Unfortunately the backside price for 3lbs of cherry pie not cool.

Downunder, your Chinese is too expensive! $35 for two people? Hope you got alot. We can feed about 8 people here Chinese dinners with soup and eggroll for that kinda dough. Maybe you can do better ordering Kangaroo? I just watched the movie Australia and I noticed they shot one in it.

Funny you say that I have as I love my movies and Australia is one movie I have not seen, (I have heard mixed reviews) and you are right you can buy kangaroo meat here though I have never tried. With food I am so fussy and very rarely daring. I normally stick to the usual suspects when it comes to meat. And you are right $35 is quite expensive for what we got which was a 2 dinner packs re half special fried rice and half bbq roast port and 2 serves of sesame prawns.. we hardly ever order Chinese for this reason so once in a while we treat ourselves. I must admit it was yummy and I do enjoy my Chinese now and then.

I must say I have never been in an eating comp but i find it fun to watch.

got ya - well apparantly i dont remember that thread [:D] these days my memory is not what it used to be,, come to think of it it was never that good. i have a selective memory which works well for me especially those days in the interigation room.. [:D]