Klipsch Heresy II wood finish..

matz

I thought so ..

Either way, they look cool, sounds (surprisingly) engaging [:D] (my first foray into the world of Klipsch speakers)

I got them for cheap, they don't have original stands. I placed them haphazardly in the room and they still, somehow manage to sound very good.

They're not the cleanest speakers I've heard but they possess a sense of ease that makes them very pleasant to listen to.

Thanks for the input,

Matz

The speckled black paint was a factory finish. I used to have a pair and I am pretty sure they were original.

BTW, the Heresy will sound better if they are taken off those stands. The factory provided slanted risers but they were probably only a couple of inches tall. I mention this since the bass on a small cabinet like that is weak to begin with. The more you can get them near boundaries the better, eg near the floor back wall, side wall or a corner.

Enjoy them. They are one of the great values in audio.

The HIIs, if bought used, are can be an incredible value. I love mine. Listen to them for a while, and then consider replacing the caps in the crossovers. A fairly easy thing to do and you should find them sounding a whole lot better.

Again, listen for a while first... just enjoy them as they are. Then... the disease will grab hold of you. [:|]

Welcome to all the madness...

Bruce

The speckled black paint was a factory finish. I used to have a pair and I am pretty sure they were original.

BTW, the Heresy will sound better if they are taken off those stands. The factory provided slanted risers but they were probably only a couple of inches tall. I mention this since the bass on a small cabinet like that is weak to begin with. The more you can get them near boundaries the better, eg near the floor back wall, side wall or a corner.

Enjoy them. They are one of the great values in audio.

That's good to know [:D] I did some research on the net and didn't see one picture of them with this finish, I wonder if it was premium ?

Do you know if the riser can still be purchased seperately?

Thanks

There should be some pictures around. The more common version is the slanted riser. They are simple to make and you can spray paint them black to match (approximately). Since they are at the bottom, you will not notice any wood working/painting "errors". Search the threads, there are dimensions provided.

I doubt the speckled black was a "premium" item. I suspect it may have been sprayed over cabinets with a nice veneer but had a cosmetic defect.

The cup was removed, the terminal nuts removed and the original plastic "knobs" removed. The new binding posts are longer than the factory posts, and while similar, are on "backwards". I'll take a couple pictures of several "cups" with original binding posts and post them later this weekend after I wade through the mess my house is in from three months of being gone....

Trying to find the camera..... I left it at the office but will take photos of the factory binding posts later this morning.

The finish is identical to the finish on the "Theater" products from the mid 80's. I had two pairs of Heresy-II's several years ago that were "TH-SR3's". They were almost identical to the H-II but for (a) that pebbly finish, (B) and had the crossover mounted on a board on the floor of the cabinet.

Matz, seeing as how the binding posts have been changed, you might want to pull the cup and look inside. If the crossover is not on the cup, but located on a H-I type board, then it is possible that these were TH-SR3's at some point in their life. Shine a light and look at the woofer magnet. It may be labelled different than K-24.

The TH-SR2 was a 2-way version with a plug or block in the motor board where the tweeter was normally put. The TH-SR3's are now probably quite rare as most were sold to.... small studios, theaters, etc.

Great!! I was concerned that someone had stripped out the TH-SR3 components and replaced them with H-II stuff. The finish is unusual for H-II's in that the BB finish is normally a semi-gloss lacquer. Apparently when they were ordered, the buyer asked for the Theater or Pro pebble finish. That finish is however, the finish used on H-II and later Heritage motor boards and rear panels. It's a lacquer finish, and applied with a special "nozzle" that gives it the fleck pattern. Here's the link on the Heritage series which dicusses the serials, finishes, etc.

Groomy, so you're saying that although the round jack cups are original, you think the binding posts themselves have been replaced? I'm not so sure about that. They look like many of the pairs I have here.

Man, you're good. Excellent call on considering a TH type Heresy after seeing the pebble paint.

M

Here's a photo of the Heresy-II terminal cups with the factory binding posts. They are shorter, and there is no "casting flash" as in the ones installed on Matz.

Hey G51, here are some photos of the binding post without speaker cables.

To me they look identical to the ones in your photo, what do you think?

URL=http://www.bestimagehosting.com/showfile.php?id=38239]Posted Image[/url]

Posted Image

Here's a photo of the Heresy-II terminal cups with the factory binding posts. They are shorter, and there is no "casting flash" as in the ones installed on Matz.

Hey G51, here are some photos of the binding post without speaker cables.

To me they look identical to the ones in your photo, what do you think?

Those are original. The binding posts in the first pictures you posted are the ones that appear to have been replaced.