How is this for crummy service???

winchester21

Yes, Land Rover (including Range Rover) has been owned by the India-based company, Tata since last year when it acquired it from Ford Motor Company, which owned it for approximately 4 years. Unfotunately, it seems, that is what the dealers are now telling their customers upon making a sale, "Tah-tah!" [:S]

I also think those tires stink. I bought a used 2005 F250 truck a few years ago and the factory Perellis had 24,000 miles and them and were shot, By 30,000 they were coming apart. I bought my usual Michelin tires at about 850 a set and now 80,000 miles later they are still showing about 10,000 miles of wear left. Expensive tires but worth it after those many miles.

Yeah, I don't know about Toyota's dealers. The Lexus dealers are just so easy to work with. They treat you like you are really someone important and they are thrilled and honored to have your business. And, I am so not important....

I tried to get my wife to buy lexus...this time around, but she had her eye on the Acura....which is supposed to have great service also....

she took it in for her first oil change (they threw in a few free services) she made an appt. got there on time and the service manager acted like he couldn't give a crap! Finnally got the car in 45 min after her appt. time and then they proceeded to take three hours with her waiting for a lousy oil change!!!! They promised her one hour max!!! I gave the manager an ear full the next day, and he wasn't even apologetic!!! I told them to get stuffed and that they would never have my business again....

I do know several people with Lexus and they have nothing but raves about the service dept.

That's when you call Acura's Concierge's number at 1-800-594-8500 and you give them an earful. The more negative things they hear about a dealer, the fewer cars they get alotted to them. I've done it a couple times and even got a call from the service manager with an appology while he was gritting his teeth.

Thank M. F. I will give it a shot....