RF- 7 vs Klipschorn

Zuke

I currently have a pair of RF - 7's (Cherry) that I really enjoy, however I am considering selling them and getting some used Klipschorns. I primarily use them for home theater but also listen to my classic album collection on them frequently.

How do these two compare and which way would you go?

I currently have a pair of RF - 7's (Cherry) that I really enjoy, however I am considering selling them and getting some used Klipschorns. I primarily use them for home theater but also listen to my classic album collection on them frequently.

How do these two compare and which way would you go?

Welcome to the Forum, Zuke. If you are going to be using them mostly for Home Theater you also need to consider what other speakers you are going to be running with them for multichannel purposes and the trickiest would be what you would use as a center channel and it's placement.

You might contact Chris (Cask05). I think he's in the Arlington area (no idea if that's near you). If you have heard the Khorn you can then listen to the Jubilees and perhaps get a flavor of the improvements PWK sought prior to his passing. You didn't state any budget so perhaps you won't like the idea... better to mention it before you decide on something else!

I'm here to tell you that for the uses I perceive you to be using them for, they are stunning performers.

I have an RC-3 (center), RS-35 (surrounds), and MK MX-105 (sub).

I also have a pair of Heresey II's I could use if necessary.

I would say I use the system 50/50 home theater vs. 2 channel stereo.

For strictly 2 channel in a direct comparison, I imagine that a pair of Khorns would win. If you keep your RF-7s I would upgrade your Center channel to a RC-7 or possibly a RC-64 for multichannel music and movies. Imo, that would be a considerable upgrade.

If you get the Khorns, your Heresies will work as side surrounds and a single one possibly for a Center Channel, but I can't imagine the RC-3 would keep up. My 2 cents.

I own both. I have used both in HT set ups. If you have the room the Khorns are much better. Still you would want to compliment them with the RC7 and RS7's. You fine tune any HT set-up with the receiver speaker settings along with proper speaker placement, etc. Ultimately I have kept the RF7's in the HT room but that is due to the size of the space. The Khorns are in a HiFi mode but do employ a center mono channel. Between the 2 there is no genuine comparison. The Heritage product is that way for a reason.

I say go for it just do a Heritage HT 2 Khorns 3 La Scalas and a sub : )

That would be a really fine home theatre. Stick out tongueYesBig Smile

One of the sweetest sounding home theaters I have heard was 5 Heresy's and a sub. This was at a friends house who just happened to keep picking up old Heresy's over the years. He paid no more than $50 a pair.