For movies, do you run your subwoofer cold, flat, or hot?

Kain

For movies, do you run your subwoofer cold, flat, or hot? If you run cold or hot, please state how cold or how hot.

I personally am running my subwoofer flat according to my digital RadioShack SPL meter. I am not sure if you are suppose to add 3 dB to the reading on the meter or not so I could be 3 dB hot or flat right now because the meter states 75 dB for the subwoofer on The 5.1 Audio Toolkit DVD when at reference level. However, I am thinking of boosting the subwoofer for movies by 4 dB for that extra kick.

80 dB for each one separately or 80 dB combined output for all four subwoofers?

Secondly, which SPL meter are you using? If it's RadioShack, is the 80 dB the corrected measurement or simply what the meter is saying?

I first gain matched one sub at a time to 80db then level match all four in the AVR to 80db. Which was only one notch on the plus side of zero on the subwoofer channel. I use the older analog meter and I just use 80db because it is easier to read the meter and focus on the zero which is straight up and down then trying to read +5 when the meter is set to 70db.

Right now and usually I run everything hot at 80 dB. My sub is flat at 80dB with everything else with the exception of 2 channel listening which the sub is running hot 3 dB to keep up with the HF section of the RF 7's.

I run everything pretty flat because we watch most of our movies at or near reference level, if I ran the PB13U hot I might risk damaging the foundation of my house.