Academy Alert

chickey

Thanks, Chickey!!! I could not stand the suspense and wanted to hear what one of these would sound like as a rear channel in the music room. So I popped for the Buy Now deal... at the rate they have been going and the fact that my Heritages are all walnut seemed to call for immediate action.

You can bet I will let you know if I find one in black. Thanks again... cwm32.gif HornEd

PS: Yesterday my motorhome stopped in the middle of an intersection a mile and a half from the place I was bringing in for a tune-up. Today I learned that I can get my pair of K-horns and a lone Belle shipped from Atlanta to San Francisco in three days for a total of $250... and now a Walnut Academy for $400. Some days are definitely better than others. Thanks for making mine today!

cwm41.gif

HORNED'S EIGHT THEATRICAL LEGENDS,

FIVE MUSICAL HERITAGES & A ROADIE...

FOREGROUND SOUND STAGE:

KLF 30's: Left Main, Center Main, Right Main

KLF C7's: L & R Front Effects on 5' sand filled columns

BACKGROUND SOUND STAGE:

KLF 30's: Left Surround, Rear Effects, Right Surround

LARGE MOUTH BASS:

Twin SVS CS-Ultra SubTower, Samson Megawatt Amp

KLIPSCH SPEAKER SUPPORT SYSTEMS:

Bass friendly, oversized, glove-leather LazyBoy Recliners

Mitsubishi RPHD1080i 65", Yamaha RX-V3000 Receiver

Toshiba Pro Scan 6200, Toshiba Pro 6-head SVHS W808

TWO, THREE or FIVE CHANNEL MUSIC FOR ENJOYMENT ONLY!

'97 Klipschorn Mains, '99 Belle Center, '83 Cornwall Rears

PLUS an Academy for Rear Effects

All Matched Walnut w/ Cane Grilles. Amp research continues...

Yamaha 5-disc & Kenwood 200-disc DVD/CD players

Klipsched Class "A" Motorhome: On the road testing

This message has been edited by HornEd on 03-01-2002 at 08:57 PM

Hey HE !

Didn't give the rest of us a chance---darn, just when I decided to take a rest from the PC----another one comes and goes---and it appeared to be pristine!

HE---thought you knew I was out to corner the Free World's supply of Academies !!

Actually--am out for one more Acad to complete my set up--so, if you decide against keeping this one---I'm a buyer.---Keep me in mind

Tks Dave

Well folks, you wanted a chance so here it is. The fellow I bought the walnut oil Academy from will be joining the Klipsch Forum and posting a mint pair of Chorus II's... BEFORE putting them on eBay. And he lives in Houston (TX) which ought to make it less than half-a-country shipping charges for most folks.

Go get 'em! HornEd

I have an additional Academy, mint conditon in Black, it's not for sale. But I would consider trading it for a Walnut one in equal condition. So if someone has a Walnut Oil but desired a Black, shoot me an email. Not selling because it will be used for future duty as rear center when I upgrade. Just hate to strip and refinish in Walnut.

------------------

"KLIPSCH IS MUSIC"f>

Shape,

I'll keep an eye open for a Walnut one for you, 'cause I'm really looking for one in mint condition in black. This reminds me of an old MASH episode where Hawkeye has to trade with about half a dozen people to get a new pair of boots...

Colin

------------------

My System

I've got a black Academy (perfect condition) as well. I would consider trading or selling it if I could find one of the following, to match my oak Cornwalls:

1. An oak Belle to use as a center. I'm thinking of doing what MacKlipsch did in this pic: link

I've got oak Cornwall II's as mains, and the setup in the above pic would work for me. Is this OK as a timbre match with my Cornwall II's? They are both heritage, it should be close. Any comments from the Klipschers???

2. An oak Academy, to match my Cornwall II's. Would trade strictly for cosmetic reasons only (color).

Dave

------------------

First we Rock, then we Roll!

This message has been edited by dndphishin on 03-04-2002 at 11:15 PM

Gents,

So mint condition walnut or oak might put me on the path to black? I'll keep my eyes open for any/all of the above. If you see a black Academy in similar mint condition, please give me a heads-up.

Thanks again,

Colin

------------------

My System

Since we are all looking for Academy's, I'll throw another black Academy on the request pile...not for me, but for my dad, who has a KV-3 as his center flanked by Forte's. Not a huge rush for this once, especially since Colin and Mike want a black one too. But something to think about.

This message has been edited by jhawk92 on 03-05-2002 at 05:16 PM