Center Channel?

the_punisher

I have the SC-1 w/KSB 2.1 mains in my bedroom and like it.Very good center and a match for the SB-3.

I would like to ask you about the "lame"partcwm35.gif

------------------

Main HT:'77 Klipschorns w/ALKs,'75 Heresy center,modified with,K-Horn sqauwker & AA network.

KSP-S6 at sides 2 KSP-S6's rear.

Denon AVR-3801,2 Denon POA-2800 200X2,1 driving the Horns&1 driving the bi-wired Heresy center.

2 DIY 12"4ohm subs,Carver A500x 400 watts per ch.feed.

Sony DVP-C650D,Dishnetwork Echostar 4700 w/DD,JVC S7600U S-VHS,Pioneer CDL-D501 laser

Music in "Direct"only!

DH Labs T-14 speaker wire to the front 3.

Room size;15.5 X 25' opening into dining room.

Old RCA 52"RPTV w/matching cabinets

Bed room HT:

KSB 2.1 mains,SC-1,SS-1's,2 SW 8 II subs.

Cornwall Is for music only

Denon AVR-2800,

Dishnetwork,Sony SLV-975HF VCR,Panasonic DVD-RV31.'90 27"RCA

This message has been edited by Steve P on 03-02-2002 at 07:04 PM

the_punisher,

never feel that way about your system.Just takes time and looking,a lot of looking.That's what I did.

The oldest part of my main HT is the Heresy center('75).I bought it in '77.

I spend my money on my music(instaed of waisting it) and try to find the best deals where I can.My first start in anything close to a good sound with movies was back when Miami Vice first aired(?)2 of Rat Shacks biggest from '72 and a Hi-Fi VCR.

Now I have more in the bedroom than most have in the living room.

I am always looking in the paper from Charlotte,NC and have found most of my past Klipsch speakers from there.K-Horns were found on the old audio review site.

try www.audiogon.com

ebay is a good source if you are careful.Have read some bad stories and good.

The SC-1 lists for 280,that's a good deal

went to the site and went thru the order but when i got to the check out no way to tell how much shipping is....could be like $45 like at crazyeddie.com for the sc-1 ohh well . if i could just get some opions about this brandnamez.com id be set $171 after shipping not bad just dont know about the store

I have bought from them. Everything comes shipped brand new with no problems. I had one minor problem with them they said my address on my cc card was wrong but other than that they were fine. They never reply to phonecalls there customer service on the phone is simply non existant but other than that they usually reply to your emails within a day. And if everthing goes smooth you will get a brand new product in 100% original boxes etc there parts are not grey market... Good luck I bought my center and mains from them.

------------------

Thanks,

Daryl Gregg cwm12.gif

MY Home Theatre Page

Sony STR-DE975 HT Reciever

Sony DVP-NS400D DVD

SB-3 Mains

SC-1 Center

Quintet Rears

KSW-12 Sub

AR Proseries Interconects

Bought several items from brandnamez.com, all products were received in great condition. They bill seperately for shipment costs, near 30-45 days after shipment. Their web check out process is not the most intuitive. You'll have to call & speak with a warm body to get shipping cost.

Wes

------------------

"KLIPSCH IS MUSIC"f>

This message has been edited by ShapeShifter on 03-03-2002 at 04:07 PM

i got my KSC-C1 on ubid for $99 plus about 15 shipping. i know its not the SC-1, but i think its a good deal.

------------------

Denon 1601

Sony VCR, DVD, CD Changer (all from Best Buy... that means its the 'Best')

Philips CD Burner

Panasonic 32" TV

KSB 3.1

KSC-C1

KSF-S5

KSW-12

Punisher,

Relax...I started my system in 1976 at the age of 16. Only used Klipsch in bands i was doing sound for. I think I got my first pair; a pair of KSB 3.1s in 1994.

Then upgraded to RB5s.

C7 or RC3 are really a big step up from the SC1 when youi can do it.

I just bought a KSW 12 Sub from Brandnamez and it arrived with all the original materials. At first I was slightly hesitant in ordering via a mail order company, but everything went smooth and now I am shaking the walls.

Good luck with your purchase.