Celine Dion....love her or hate her???

oldenough

All this rehtoric is mute if she can't sing the right notes and has to use electronic on the fly correction software. How do you know if what she is singing is not corrected?

JJK

Exactly...."if " is the key to this, and "how do you know" is the question. The same question should also be posed to the person who posted that info. I am sure that many singers have a whole arsenal of electronics at their disposal, just like I do as a guitarist.

I never had any of that as a drummer. What ever happened to real musicianship? Is it any wonder the oldies are truly the goodies? Is it all flash and dash these days? For those who have, you know what I mean, for those that haven't, listen to Charlie Parker over several samplings (on your quality klipsch systems) and tell me that there is anything like it today. I would really like to hear it if there is.

I don't think that because you have all the tools that are available to you as a musician/singer, that it takes away from your talent. You still have to be a musician at the end of the day...They are just aids.... C'mon now Oldtimer, as a drummer you have no right to comment on "real musicianship".[;)]

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic