Speakers not working, Klipsch no help :(

TheAnonymousX

Hiya, all.

I've got the Klipsch 5.1 Ultra speakers on my PC with a Turtle Beach Montego sound card. As of about a week ago, my speakers aren't outputting any sound. So, here's what I've tried so far:

Plug headphones into the control deck while in the HP setting, this works fine

Plug headphones directly into the sound card, this works fine

Checked audio settings in Windows (XP Pro) and the sound card's control panel, nothing's muted

Reconnected all 5 speakers, 'reset' the sub by power cycling it

What am I missing? I've emailed Kipsch Tech support and support@ and had no luck.

Thx!

• 2 weeks later...

Aye, thanks for the help all.

So, as the story goes, Klipsch is no longer servicing the 5.1 ultra system. They have a third party manufacturer/repair group that is doing the work for them. The downside is that the third party group charges $120 for the repair (plus you pay for shipping). It seems like you may get some of that $120 back, when you send your set off, they keep $70 automatically regardless of what happens but may refund the remaining $50 if they can repair the system.

This seems a pricey option. Anyone got alternatives? I'm hoping this is just a blown fuse that I can replace myself (or with help). I'm in the Atlanta area.

Thanks, all!

I actually bought the Klipsch 5.1 standard set back in college, but the amp blew and I got a replacement set (the ultras) from Klipsch. I've only had 'em for a few years.

Even still, these things were $500, and I'd like to keep 'em and continue using them rather than dropping another $500 if at all possible :(

...Also, someone sent me a private message which, for some reason, I can't find. But to answer the question, no I haven't found a resolution yet, but am thinking of taking the amp to a local speaker repair dude. Failing him, I'll just bite the bullet and pay the $150 or so to get 'em sent off and fixed.