Purchase ?

HeeHaw2

The Jubilee is a system, its worth is variable depending on what component group it has.

For hi-fi the two-way system with the K402 is preferred.

There are three-way variations too, this would be my preference:

KPTjubilee_large.jpg

All versions are likely to need an electronic crossover and additional amplifiers.

If they are available cheap enough I would suggest buying them and sorting it out later.

Ask them how much, and try and find out what component group they have.

Jubilees from the factory are about $7K a pair including shipping.

That includes the bass bin and mid horn and driver. A crossover is not included.

There is such a wide range of alternate possibilities for mid drivers and such one would want an apples to apples comparison for a meaningful assessment.

Do you know elements are included? Has the seller named a price?

Jubilees from the factory are about $7K a pair including shipping.

That includes the bass bin and mid horn and driver. A crossover is not included.

There is such a wide range of alternate possibilities for mid drivers and such one would want an apples to apples comparison for a meaningful assessment.

Do you know elements are included? Has the seller named a price?

Thanks for the information...

The seller has not named a price. I should be going there this weekend. Anything else to look for ? Should I take anything with me ? Should I leave my checkbook home ???

Thanks Again ... this is a start.

Hopefully the seller will have them set up for a listening session. This wouldn't be a deal breaker if not available, but would be nice. If so, just bring a few reference CDs for listening.

It would be fair enough for the seller to respond to a question as to the actual configuration of the Jubs for sale.

The seller has not named a price. I should be going there this weekend. Anything else to look for ? Should I take anything with me ? Should I leave my checkbook home ???

Are these new or recently purchased Jubilee's or are they older ones from a theater installation?

This will have a big effect on the price. Kind of like new vs old K Horns. Ones that are a few years old will have a pretty good discount off of the $7000 list price (maybe 40% to 50%) but old ones can go for as low as $1500 or less nowadays.

Are these new or recently purchased Jubilee's or are they older ones from a theater installation?

This will have a big effect on the price. Kind of like new vs old K Horns. Ones that are a few years old will have a pretty good discount off of the $7000 list price (maybe 40% to 50%) but old ones can go for as low as $1500 or less nowadays.

If you can find them and they don't know what they have $1500 is possible. What happened to that guy who scored four bass bins for cheap? .... Also how many horns and drivers are attached? Is it just the LF? When did they go to the cinema line? 1999 or early 2000's?

Seti,

I meant K Horn prices. I have no idea what used Jubilee's are worth. I guess something less than $7000 but I don't know.

I think there have been a couple guys who have come through the forum with jubilee lf's for 1500..... The problem is just finding them used.

• 2 weeks later...

This is intriguing. If it is okay, may I ask a few questions first.

Are these actual Jubilees from Klipsch or are they clones (do they have Klipsch stickers on them)?

What was the horn on top? (the K-402 is about 41 in wide, or the K-510 is about 15 in wide) or were there two horns (like in the picture posted by DJK?

Or perhaps the tweeter/midrange was a home brew configuration.

How was the crossover implemented (analog or digital etc)?

Enough with all my questions.... Yes, I don't think you should worry about the size of the room. Think of them as a Klipschorn with an enclosed back. The should be placed near corners (preferably) but they do not need to be tight into the corners.

It is very difficult to guess at an appropriate price. A new pair (bass bin and HF horn/driver) is roughly the same price as a new Klipschorn. But they would not have grills, crossovers, HF cabinet, and little or no cosmetic details. The used prices are only a wild guess since so few of these come up for sale. The figure mentioned previously ($1500) is probably a fluke that we can only dream of. If they are a "clone" then it is even more difficult to even hazard a guess.

This is intriguing. If it is okay, may I ask a few questions first.

Are these actual Jubilees from Klipsch or are they clones (do they have Klipsch stickers on them)? Klipsch

What was the horn on top? (the K-402 is about 41 in wide, or the K-510 is about 15 in wide) or were there two horns (like in the picture posted by DJK?

402 but the hole looks smaller

Or perhaps the tweeter/midrange was a home brew configuration.

How was the crossover implemented (analog or digital etc)? don't know I just care how it sounds

Enough with all my questions.... Yes, I don't think you should worry about the size of the room. Think of them as a Klipschorn with an enclosed back. The should be placed near corners (preferably) but they do not need to be tight into the corners.

It is very difficult to guess at an appropriate price. A new pair (bass bin and HF horn/driver) is roughly the same price as a new Klipschorn. But they would not have grills, crossovers, HF cabinet, and little or no cosmetic details. The used prices are only a wild guess since so few of these come up for sale. The figure mentioned previously ($1500) is probably a fluke that we can only dream of. If they are a "clone" then it is even more difficult to even hazard a guess.

The current version of the three-way Jubilee looks like to photo above, but only has a 2" hole on the mid horn (and is crossed at 500hz and 5Khz).

The version I showed has the 150hz Tractrix mid horn driven by a cone, in my opinion the preferred version (but the version you saw would be fine too).

Current version:

http://www.klipsch.com/images/download/2522.aspx

Older version:

http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/products/kpt-jubilee-r-overview/

What I use:

Posted Image

Well, finally got a chance to listen to them.

They are big.

HOw small of a room would they fit in ?

How did you like the sound? When are you bringing them home?

Does this pair come with a crossover and if so, what kind or brand is it?

Yes, they will work in smaller rooms. For one example, here's a pair in England.

post-23736-1381951234956_thumb.jpg

I like the sound... it is a little different than what I listen to. ( Altec Model 19's )

The bass on the 19's seem to hit you the bass on the Jubillees seem to come from with you.

Pat any idea what kind of soundstage the person in the picture has ? Or better yet do you have a way I can contact him ?

One more question... there are a couple of scratches in the finish. Can the paint be bought and if so from where ?

Thanks