Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (Blu-Ray)

wuzzzer

According to NetFlix I'll be getting the disc Tuesday. I saw the movie in the theater and I have to admit that I did not like it nearly as much as the first Transformers. I don't know if I just wasn't in the right mood to watch it or what. The animation of the robots seemed worse than the first movie and the storyline was very weak. The theater didn't have the volume turned up very much, either.

I'll report back after watching it on Blu-Ray. At least I can turn up the volume as loud as I want at home!

• 2 weeks later...

I do not have a blu ray yet but I did get a copy from Netflix. I would have to say from a sound effects point of view I did enjoy it. With the subwoofer you could feel the transformers walking around. The movie I thought was a bit week, I think they were trying a bit to hard to appeal to the 12-15 year olds. But with the surround system turned up and Megan Fox on screen it was still worth watching.

Wuzzzer I agree with the animation issue. It seems like in the first movie they knew they were doing CG robots so they were careful to make the animation and especially the fights between robots precise and calculated... i.e.,, they didn't do too much. But in TF2, they just went overboard to the point where some of the action sequences were hard to follow, and much of the robot animation looked too fluid to be robots.

The sound was OK. Again, less is more. I loved the LFE use in the first movie, and in this one it seemed they bloated it a bit and used it a lot more often. It gave my subs a workout to be sure, but didn't add to my enjoyment of the film.

All in all I liked TF better than TF2.

Rick

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...