MCM Jube's or K Horns

Pete H

I'm really getting the itch to do a winter build and I'm not sure which way to go. I'm completing a remodel that will leave me with a wide open living area that is 25 x 30 with vaulted ceilings so space isn't an issue. I would like some opinions from people who have listened to all of the above. I have plans for the Jube's but haven't see any plans for the MCM's. Your input is appreciated!

I would like to see a plan for the MCM's so I can asses the difference in the complexity of the build. I would dress up the MCM's if I were to go that way. I wish there was a place that you could go to and hear everything that Klipsch has to offer.

I've heard the MWM bass bin, Jubilee bass bin and the LaScala (II) bass bin all under the K402.

Bigger is usually better.

If you want killer sound, put a LaScala under the K402 and go 2-way.

If you want double killer sound with an even larger stage, you might consider the Jubilee as a 2-way.

If you want outrageous but totally effortless sound...then do the MWM's (doubles) under the K402 and know that you will always have a place to sleep when the wife kicks you out!

My understanding from Mark (who's had a pair of Jubilee clones and now has a pair of MWM's) is the Jubilees might go deeper than the MWM's. Interestingly though.... I have yet to hear him talk about swapping them out!

I really think any of the three would satisfy any relatively normal person. Then again.... perhaps that is why we are all here? (I of course, am only speaking on behalf of Dtel [A])

If there is any way you can audition them, I'd suggest you try to do so. If you are ever near Knoxville, I can set you up with a LaScala and Jubilee (with K402) audition.

Hard to go wrong with any of them if you want my honest opinion.

Gack...I presumed it said LaScala, I now see it says Khorn.

Know then that one (of several) reasons PWK worked on the Jubilee was to raise the crossover point. If you are thinking a 3-way Khorn then I will say nothing more. If you are thinking a 2-way Khorn then from everything I've read, I'd urge you away from that logic. Besides.... if you are thinking 2 way Khorn, the Jubilee bass bin is a significant improvement over the Khorn bass bin....AND is evidently an easier build.

So, give the actual choices instead of my inserted JubeScala... I'd say Jubilee then MWM, all depending on your room needs and ability to spend the real estate for the MWM bass bins (they are huge!)

Gack...I presumed it said LaScala, I now see it says Khorn.

Know then that one (of several) reasons PWK worked on the Jubilee was to raise the crossover point. If you are thinking a 3-way Khorn then I will say nothing more. If you are thinking a 2-way Khorn then from everything I've read, I'd urge you away from that logic. Besides.... if you are thinking 2 way Khorn, the Jubilee bass bin is a significant improvement over the Khorn bass bin....AND is evidently an easier build.

So, give the actual choices instead of my inserted JubeScala... I'd say Jubilee then MWM, all depending on your room needs and ability to spend the real estate for the MWM bass bins (they are huge!)

I'm going to have a drink of Tequila on that one (Quervo Black) LOL. I just may take you up on that offer to stop in, the last time I was in Knoxville was when I was working with Clayton Homes and I think I went to a Vols game, but it was a long weekend and there was To Mas Tequila![+o(]

My preference would be Jubes, which is of course subjective. They sound better than Khorns, so that part is a no brainer.

The MCM's are massive things and the sound is definitely impressive, but living with them for the long haul wouldn't be my cup of tea. They will never be a thing of beauty the way Jubes and Khorns can be.

Any way you go will be a fun project.

I'm really getting the itch to do a winter build and I'm not sure which way to go. I'm completing a remodel that will leave me with a wide open living area that is 25 x 30 with vaulted ceilings so space isn't an issue. I would like some opinions from people who have listened to all of the above. I have plans for the Jube's but haven't see any plans for the MCM's. Your input is appreciated!

Pete,

Where are you from, and maybe we can point you to the right direction for an audition. I have auditioned all three extensively, and I would choose the Jubilee, but I am told the K-402 horn on top of the MCM Bass bin sounds even better by a man that has all those speakers and more. I agree with everything Coytee says. [Y][;)]

Roger

Pete,

Where are you from, and maybe we can point you to the right direction for an audition. I have auditioned all three extensively, and I would choose the Jubilee, but I am told the K-402 horn on top of the MCM Bass bin sounds even better by a man that has all those speakers and more. I agree with everything Coytee says. YesWink

Roger

I'm in N.E. Ohio

If you can do a 'jaunt' over to Buffalo, which I presume is closer to you than Knoxville, we could hook you up for a listen with MikeT who has Jubilees. I don't think he has LaScalas... he might have Khorns though. He's probably the nearest to you followed by Colter in Indy and MikeB/Myself here in Knoxville.

I just love volunteering other peoples homes for auditions [:D]

If you can do a 'jaunt' over to Buffalo, which I presume is closer to you than Knoxville, we could hook you up for a listen with MikeT who has Jubilees. I don't think he has LaScalas... he might have Khorns though. He's probably the nearest to you followed by Colter in Indy and MikeB/Myself here in Knoxville.

I just love volunteering other peoples homes for auditions Big Smile

Buffalo is about 4 hours, but I think I'll wait for Mike to make the offer [*-)] Just to add to the mix, I have a set of plans for Jamboree's that use 2 15's in each.

Pete,

Where are you from, and maybe we can point you to the right direction for an audition. I have auditioned all three extensively, and I would choose the Jubilee, but I am told the K-402 horn on top of the MCM Bass bin sounds even better by a man that has all those speakers and more. I agree with everything Coytee says. YesWink

Roger

I'm in N.E. Ohio

Pete,

I grew up in Mineral Ridge, have family in Youngstown, Champion, Lebrae, Austin Town, Niles, area and more. I now live in Bluffton Ohio, near I-75 and US 30 intersection.

Roger

Just to add to the mix, I have a set of plans for Jamboree's that use 2 15's in each.

Is there anyone who builds Jamborees for sale, and are crossover settings available for them? I was told there's a builder in the Seattle area, but haven't been able to find out more than that.

Is there anyone who builds Jamborees for sale

I do.

Greg

I'm assuming that you have built the Jamboree's and if I'm not mistaken, I have read through some of the threads. So what direction do you think I should go? I'm really leaning to the Jamboree's and building the bass bins and then using one of the crazy round horns that I've seen in other posts. I really want to keep the finish Black and Copper as I love the look of the RF speakers and have some ideas on how to bring that look out on this build.

Is there anyone who builds Jamborees for sale

I do.

Greg

I'm assuming that you have built the Jamboree's and if I'm not mistaken, I have read through some of the threads. So what direction do you think I should go? I'm really leaning to the Jamboree's and building the bass bins and then using one of the crazy round horns that I've seen in other posts. I really want to keep the finish Black and Copper as I love the look of the RF speakers and have some ideas on how to bring that look out on this build.

You can't go wrong with any of them as far as sound goes. I prefer my Jamborees over my Klipsch Jubilees, but they are both awesome. The MWM's are huge and huge sounding. I think they really need the right room to shine. Jamborees or Jubilees would be more flexible. The best sounding speakers I own are my modified Khorns.

I'll be interested to see what you do with the aesthetics, please post photos when you build them.

Greg

You're only about 3 hours, I'm 15 minutes from Canton. What set up do you have Roger?

Pete,

I had K-Horns and La Scalas, but I sold them. I now have 9 TSCM Bass Bins, and 5 TSCM Top sections. These are the pro version of the K-Horn, look at my avitar. I also only need one MMTM and cross overs to have a pair of MCM-1900s, and presently I am restoring a pair of KP-600 stacks that I own as well.

Now if I could just get Greg928GTS to die a little sooner. I tried to buy his and he said I could have them after he was DEAD!! (LOL)

Roger