510/K69 Belle Project Finished New Pics

fyrpwr

• 1 month later...

Awesome Belle center Steve. It kind of looks like a prettied up baby Jubilee?

Very cool too that you were involved in getting 2 pair of MCM stacks outside doing what they do best. I had a great time at the 2009 Teen Arts and Musical Festival we helped Michael with.

That'd be fun to do again though I think Michael has said his MCM stack probably wouldn't travel again. That said, hes' working on rebuilding his KP600 stack. :)

I'd be in for a listening party. I'm not real close to Chicago but maybe 3-1/2 hours so not too bad of a day trip even. Grew up 2 hour drive from the loop where my brother still lives - about 1 mile off US 30 about an hour east of I65 and US30.

I don't know if it would make a noticable difference or not but I would have thought if the horn was pushed back, the top of the speaker (or the base under the horn) would end up bouncing some of the sound in a way that (in a perfect world) you might not want. What do they call that, edge diffraction or something? If the horn was brought out to the front plane of the speaker then this bounce wouldn't happen.

Ya, I was wondering the same thing.

If the tweeter is up high enough, is it possible that the sound would fire over the top of the cabinet and not have that bounce issue? (except at the lower frequencies where it loses pattern control).

I don't know if it would make a noticable difference or not but I would have thought if the horn was pushed back, the top of the speaker (or the base under the horn) would end up bouncing some of the sound in a way that (in a perfect world) you might not want. What do they call that, edge diffraction or something? If the horn was brought out to the front plane of the speaker then this bounce wouldn't happen.

If the tweeter is up high enough, is it possible that the sound would fire over the top of the cabinet and not have that bounce issue? (except at the lower frequencies where it loses pattern control).

Of course, I have posted my pic of my tweeter on top of my LS before, but I found having the tweeter driver aligned with the mid driver really helped the imaging a lot. I think that is probably more important than the mid aligned with the woofer.

Bruce

post-7149-13819526484106_thumb.jpg

Of course, I have posted my pic of my tweeter on top of my LS before, but I found having the tweeter driver aligned with the mid driver really helped the imaging a lot. I think that is probably more important than the mid aligned with the woofer.

Bruce

I think Doc time aligned it via the active crossover settings.

Maybe if you had a cat to sleep on top of your LS to absorb the lower reflections.

-josh

• 3 months later...