Best 5.1 Reciever for under $500?

Convo

The title says it all guys. What is the best bang for your buck reciever under $500? I am still trying to decide if I am just going to match it up with the Klipsch HD theater 5.1 or start building a set starting with the RF52's. I am attached to another house so doubt I could rock it out all the time.

The Pioneer1019 is a good one. Also the Technology has Greatly changed (for the better) since 5.1's came out. The extra channel don't matter or affect your sound.

Another Model to check out is the Denon 1910. Good unit simple to use .............around that price point. With Black Friday and Internet Monday coming up, this would be the time to Buy.............

JMHO.

Thx! I just checked them both out and the Denon seems to be a better buy at this point but I plan to do more research. Anyone have the 5.1 Theater set? I'm wondering how that would sound with this unit. I'm still on the fence about building a system b/c I can't get it all at once. If I do I would probably just get the RF52's and a center untill I could buy more stuff. That would probably be a few months and I wondering what would sound better?? The RF's with a center or the 5.1 theater set?

I just seen this deal by Best Buy.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Klipsch+and+Yamaha+Home+Theater+Audio+Package+with+630W+7.2-Channel+Receiver/9999117200050003.p?id=pcmprd117300050003&skuId=9999117200050003&childSku=9245426&count=2

Anyone have a similar setup or could provide some insight? I've read some bad reviews about this reciever. Not sure what to think but from what I can tell the Quintet setup may be better than the 5.1 theater system priced around $500 from Klipsch.

Edit..To confuse myself more I just notced Vans is selling the Quintet SL 5 channel bundled with a 12 Sub for $699. Which is a better system? The one I linked from Best Buy oe the the setup from Vans? I plan to buy in the next 2 weeks if not soon that's why I am asking. I ruled out a larger system for now.

I realize this is $11 over your budget, but I think this Pioneer is the best reciever for $500 and below. It gives you lots of 7.1 power for the future and all of the current Blu-Ray audio codecs for $509.99 at Best Buy: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Pioneer+-+840W+7.1-Ch.+Apple%26%23174%3B+iPod%26%23174%3B/Satellite+Radio-Ready+Home+Theater+Receiver/9238979.p?id=1218065494903&skuId=9238979

My daughter just bought one on my recommendation along with a Klipsch HD 500 Home Theater system and a top-rated LG Blu-Ray player with built-in WiFi all for $1,260 plus tax - Glenn.

No, lots of forum members have Yamaha receivers and are very happy with them.

If you're looking for a 5.1 receiver specifically, you'll find they're mostly bottom-of-the-line models, since most AV receivers are now 7.1. The number of channels is not important, because all of them will work fine whether they're powering 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7 speakers. They nearly all have a single power supply, so if you're driving fewer than 7 speakers, there will be more power available to each speaker.

You might as well get a 7.1 unit, because it will have better specs than a typical 5.1 receiver, plus you have the option of running 6 or 7 speakers if you ever feel like it.

I've used my 7.1 receiver to drive 5, then 7, and now 6 speakers, always with fine results.

good to hear. i have been watching the RX-765 for a while now. the lowest price i've seen is $400. hope to ****** one up this holiday seasons for a better price. or i could always fall back on a refurb SR5003 for around $500.

I am replacing an Onkyo HTIB receiver (HTR504, i think), so hopefully that will be a big step up.

interesting, looks like there have been a lot of love for the Pioneers lately? what's going on? did the Yammie and Marantz fell out of favors?

CNET has this rated high and I enjoyed the review so I decided on it. I'm sure the others listed are nice too.

So I have another question. The TV stand I plan to buy is 48in. I am planning to buy a 46in LCD to put on it. I don't think I would have room to put the Quintet fronts on there. Since they are only about 20in high would they not sound right on the floor?