amp for new RF-83's??

djwarila

Here is an idea if you don't mind spending $3100.00.

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?ampsmult&1263005298

Another idea with seven channel flexibility. $1450.00

http://cgi.videogon.com/cgi-bin/cl.pl?amps50ch&1264285983

Somewhere in the middle. $2500.00

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?ampsmult&1263676343&/Ps-audio-GCA-Mc-3x250-multi-ch

I have no affiliations with these ads. Just suggestions.

Bill

Check out my signature, I use the Outlaw 770 "older model", 7x200watts, which sounds fantastic with music and movies, great bang for the buck if you ask me and many others, the new model is the 7700, http://www.outlawaudio.com , also check out their B-stock page, my 770 was B-stock and has been working flawlessly for over two years now, you will save lots of $, they have a 7700 "7x200 watts" for $1879 and a 1750 "5x200 watts for $1479. Go check out some of the reviews, all positive, just google the model number, type Outlaw 7700 reviews in the google bar..

I have to agree with the comments about Outlaw Audio. I have the 950 pre and 750 amp running my RF-83, RC-64 and RS-62, it is a 5x165 wpc amp. I originally started with a Sony, don't know the model number, that claimed 110 wpc. I then purchased a used Outlaw 7100 which is 7x100 and I could hear a definite change. Now the change from the 7110 to the current 750 wasn't that different but it gave me a little head room.

James

Got my RF83's and RC-64 from www.audiodistributors.com "authorized Klipsch reference dealer" , had the RS62's with my previous RF82's and RC-35, the difference was night and day from my previous RF82's and RC-35, the sound imaging and detail from the RF83's and RC-64 is breathtaking, and yes they have always been power by the setup stated above, I use a 5.1 theater system, so the extra two amp channels are used to bi-wire the RF83 towers, one two hundred watt amp for each towers mids and one two hundred watt amp for each towers tweeter, one two hundred watt amp for each of the surrounds and one two hundred watt amp for the center channel. Here is my setup, RS62 are not shown in picture, http://cybertec.smugmug.com/Electronics/PRO-151FD/10420375_kCzWn#722205069_X5xuB

Well........you can spend 3k and support a nice vacation for some high fashion amp maker or.........Buy an Emotiva at waaayyyy less,get just a good an amp and buy more stuff.I've had a slew of amps,BK,Rotel,Parasound,ATI,Outlaw,Carver,Adcom,Marantz, and more,several I sold right here on the site.I also had 83's and the 64,which I also sold on this site.I had few better than Emotiva and several worse...............but,we all have our own mind set,good luck.......

good point, and funny too. i have checked out the emotiva, more specificly the 200wpc model. i think thats the route ill go later down the road. for now ill just use my onkyo tx-nr3007. if you dont mind me asking, why did you sell your 83's and 64? also does anybody know how the xf-48's stack up against the rf-83's? i heard the xf's at a magnolia theater and they sounded really good. will the 83's blow them away?

good point, and funny too. i have checked out the emotiva, more specificly the 200wpc model. i think thats the route ill go later down the road. for now ill just use my onkyo tx-nr3007. if you dont mind me asking, why did you sell your 83's and 64? also does anybody know how the xf-48's stack up against the rf-83's? i heard the xf's at a magnolia theater and they sounded really good. will the 83's blow them away?

I can't tell you how they stack up against each other but the 83's are gonna be very hard to beat.I really liked the 83's and if I had it to do over again I may keep them and sell the 20's,but...........I had to part with 20's,7's or 83's,after much listening for many weeks I decided I could not part with the 7's,the 20's would be hard to replace as they are in great condition,so the 83's/64 were sold to a very happy member here,still has em' after several years.

I say you could buy the 83's and not need to look back,just a great set.Power them with 100 watts or better of "real power" and enjoy.Still all only my take,many of us have different needs/taste,it's all good...