Chorus II - new purchase

Montigue231

Nice speakers, very good price! I have an industrial version of the Chorus that I am listening to as I type this. You are correct in finding better power for yours - once I delivered good quality power to mine, they really woke up. At the moment, I have mine passively biamped, but will be treating myself to a crossover sometime this year. Then, these should really rock! Good luck with yours. I am sorry that I cannot offer any information regarding the provenance of your Chorus.

Mine have Dean G crossovers which really woke them up. Chorus II is a fantastic speaker with a minimalist mid fi parts list in the OEM network.

Mine sounded best at the Audio Karma show 2 years ago with NOS Valves rebuilt Scott 130 preamp and VRDs just spinning vinyl. Their daily fare is sadly jjust HT.

Belles are just prettier with better mids to go in the living room.

One of the finest speakers from Klipsch I have listened to extensively.

I have had mine since October 2001 and have never tired of them.

Welcome to the Chorus club, Montigue! Probably the most under rated Klipsch Heritage speaker, if that is possible. ( Or extended Heritage for the purists.) I was running my Chorus II's off of a Onkyo receiver for awhile at my weekend house and then I broke down and bought some used McIntosh equipment and they really came to life. The difference in the soundstage was clearly noticable. last fall I did the Crites upgrade, buying new crossovers and going with the titanium tweeters and they sound as good if not better than when I bought them nearly 20 years ago.

You would be hard pressed to find a better speaker value for the $500 you paid. Nice start to the new year, congratulations.

Thanks gents for leaving me some helpful info..i ill research some of the amps mentioned here.And ty for the info with the production year...1993 i presume.... Theres no doubt i defenitly prefer the imaging these put out over most anything ive had b4. I think of these as my "Forte's on steroids"..Nice room filling output...love my smooth jazz on these...I just noticed on the back of one of the radiators theres a small hole but I cannot tell the difference in sound as of now..Thinking about using silicon on it...

Thanks all...happy new year!

I just noticed on the back of one of the radiators theres a small hole but I cannot tell the difference in sound as of now..Thinking about using silicon on it...

That will work. If it is an actual hole, your can glue on some paper to cover the hole.

I love Chorus IIs.

Bruce