grade my system

quadklipsh

ditto to:

it doesn't matter what we think...what do you think? why do you ask? don't justify upgrades because of what others think...

And don't forget about the music - your friend until the end....

however...you've got enough various equipment to change things around from time to time and play around with it. I enjoy doing this a fair bit ... play around with equipment, speaker placement, moving furniture, putting the stuff in different rooms, ripping out walls, finishing attics, and when done I'm back at square one, then start over with a different CD - maybe Achtung Baby or No Line on the Horizon.

Slainte. Hamish

RF3s, Quad 33 pre and 303 amp.............I don't know, perhaps it's an enjoyable system but compared to high end systems, there's lots of room for improvements. My opinion means nothing, I haven't heard your rig, it may be crap or it my be a usable system. If you are curious if the system could be improved the answer is heck yes.

Thanx, Russ

This is a good read that sums up "hi-fi".....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hi-Fi

Extract:

High fidelity or hi-fi reproduction is a term used by home stereo listeners and home audio enthusiasts (audiophiles) to refer to high-quality reproduction of sound or images that are very faithful to the original performance.[1] Ideally, high-fidelity equipment has minimal amounts of noise and distortion and an accurate frequency response as set out in 1973 by the German Deutsches Institut für Normung (DIN) standard DIN 45500. This standard was well intentioned, but only mildly successful in defining 'high-fidelity'. DIN 45 500 approval provided audio equipment buyers with reassurance that their equipment was capable of good quality reproduction. In theory, only stereo equipment that met the standard could bear the words 'hi-fi', but in practice, the term was widely misapplied to audio products that did not remotely approach the DIN basis specifications.

By the 1990s, the term hi-fi for expensive high-quality home-audio electronics was largely replaced with high-end audio