Is it ignorance or worse? eBay auction from an "expert".

Gotta' give him a break though; they are HD-BR's that he (or someone...) decided to "prettify" with that face wood with grill cloth on the back side. They actually might be a great candidate for a reveneer job. All the components are there; they are originals with consec S/N's.

" UNUSED SET. STORED FOR YEARS.AS NEW" (yet) Newly Mahogany veneered? Consec serial numbers with an "R" that the seller claim are really from 1969?

3#'s of nonsense in a 2# auction.

I have a problem with the seller regarding the second part of the ad, and in particular his direct attack on Klipsch quality control regarding the serial numbers; and the apparent attack on a likely Forum member who probably emailed him about the discrepancy. Something is wrong with the alleged documentation that the actual owner has regarding these speakers.

Gotta' give him a break though; they are HD-BR's that he (or someone...) decided to "prettify" with that face wood with grill cloth on the back side. They actually might be a great candidate for a reveneer job. All the components are there; they are originals with consec S/N's.

" UNUSED SET. STORED FOR YEARS.AS NEW" (yet) Newly Mahogany veneered? Consec serial numbers with an "R" that the seller claim are really from 1969?

3#'s of nonsense in a 2# auction.

I wonder if this is the same guy I once nicely emailed to explain that the speakers in an auction he had (Heresy
I's with clearly-photographed "***S***" serials and a Type E crossover) were not likely from 1969, more like 1978. I got a nasty, "all-caps" reply back, stating that the serial number system isn't accurate and that he had receipts from 1969 to prove the date of purchase. (Which is likely true, but the speakers on the receipt couldn't have been the same ones!). I am usually very wary of eBay, though I have gotten some great deals (for example, a mint Nikon DSLR that somebody probably lost interest in it for much less than MSRP).

Caveat emptor.

Not just custom brand new veneer but, custom brand new mahagony veneer that manages to replicate a birch grain pattern and not cover the plywood endgrain???

The sellers response to my question about the veneer,

Little deceiving but yes ican see they have..The guy was a pro. cabinet worker...

- bugle_boy_vintage_audio