Anyone here get a Emotiva UMC-1?

carbon summit

Although I'm trying hard to convince myself I don't need one the upgrade bug is biting again and I'm considering buying a Emotiva UMC-1.

I'm on the preorder list but don't know how long it will be before I'm asked to give my CC info and purchase it. I was just hoping to hear some reviews from some people on this forum and compare it to what will be coming from the Emotiva Lounge and decide if its worth it or just wait until my Yamaha RX-V663 gives me a reason to upgrade.

I would if it handled balanced connections

You could get the Sherbourn,same thing w/balanced,only $2750.The xmc should have what you're lookin' for,and cheap.

YES,I have the UMC1 installed in my set,and it is the BOMB,I love it,$439 delivered(with my discount),WOW,WOWEE,WOWWOW!Best sounding prepro for music I've had in my room,period.

Fish after you've had it for a few days give us a review.

I'm assuming you must have had a Emo pre/pro before since you mention the 40% discount so maybe you'll have to look back further if there was a time you made the jump from a receiver to separates and tell me how big a difference it made for you.

I know my Yamaha 663 isn't top of the line by any stretch of the imagination but it does everything I ask of it and I'm happy with it. That may be because I don't know what I'm missing. Any quite frankly maybe for my wallet's sake ignorance is bliss!!!

Oh.....if you ain't you will be.I've never been so happy with a purchase of audio gear.

On screen menu OK? Discrete equalizers, and remote?

The onscreen menu is extensive and awsome,I've not even been through it all.This unit has more tweeks than I'll ever use,but I'll eventually try em.There is an eq for every channel,about 10 bands I think.The remote is an abonination,although I confess,I'm a remote freek,Harmony,Theatermaster,Phillips,just in this room,so I'd never use it anyway.I'm sure this was taken into the calculation,and honestly,it's so much for $699 I'd be ashamed to complain about it,I still feel guilty,a little......

Fish after you've had it for a few days give us a review.

I'm assuming you must have had a Emo pre/pro before since you mention the 40% discount so maybe you'll have to look back further if there was a time you made the jump from a receiver to separates and tell me how big a difference it made for you.

I know my Yamaha 663 isn't top of the line by any stretch of the imagination but it does everything I ask of it and I'm happy with it. That may be because I don't know what I'm missing. Any quite frankly maybe for my wallet's sake ignorance is bliss!!!

Once I feel I've been through most formats/capabilities I'll be glad to give my perspective,for what it's worth.I've owned many avrs,and still own an Onkyo 805/606 in garage and a Pioneer in my bdrm.I've also had several Denon 38xx models,Newcastle,Rotel,HK etc....I went to prepros several years ago as I'm a music lover and most avrs really don't do music too good.I've had Rotel,Outlaw,BK,Boston,Emotiva lmc being the last one.I liked them all,although the Outlaw was maybe my favorite prepro and the Boston the least,the lmc was ok,not as good as the Rotel.The UMC however is the better of them all,I generally have to listen to a unit for a while to decide but the UMC sounded great right away.I've been thrilled with it ever since.

There's no need to update until you're in need,if the 663 does everything you need,now want is a whole nother thing.....

fish,

it looks like you have what i am about to have. i want the umc-1 too and plan on using my lpa-1 to power everything. so do the 7's seem starved or did/ have you noticed anything regarding that? i wanted to get the xpa-3 at the same time but i just can't. i too am looking to upgrade from the 805. how funny....

how did you get the discount? did you have to other pro from them? military? police?

fish,

it looks like you have what i am about to have. i want the umc-1 too and plan on using my lpa-1 to power everything. so do the 7's seem starved or did/ have you noticed anything regarding that? i wanted to get the xpa-3 at the same time but i just can't. i too am looking to upgrade from the 805. how funny....

how did you get the discount? did you have to other pro from them? military? police?

I bought an lmc1 back in the day=40% off new generation,sweet deal.The lpa has never left me wanting more power,a good friend has the xpa5 and although it's great I like the lpa just as good,I've never run out of steam even at volumes you cannot cumminicate with a person beside you.The rsw15 makes a big difference with the 7's.The UMC is way more detailed than the lmc was,it's presentation is better in everyway,the bass is stronger,all instruments just come alive.When the time comes you'll make your own conclusions but anyone in the market should try the UMC.I'm sure it can't be beat unless you spend at least double,you could spend triple and may not beat it.I should say I'm bias,I fell in love with the sound.

I have a Harmony 1000 that I don't use due to the wierd setup of the current AVR. I am using Sony RM-AV2500. In fact I have one new one standing by. The first lasted 3 years with severe kid abuse. I'm on the second now.

I'm hoping I won't have to assign all the various functions to alternate AVR inputs so I can take advantage of the Harmony. Fingers crossed. [:)]

I've been over at the Emo site looking through the issues and fixes. Their firmware crew is awesome. Be prepared for USB firmware upgrades!

The UMC has many, many features than is advertised. Still pumped. The bugs were either fixed or due to lack of user knowledge with a few head scratchers that the video/audio engineers are working on. Their reported to fixed time is about 4 days! 4 DAYS!

I guess I better tell the better half, huh?