Anyone here get a Emotiva UMC-1?

carbon summit

• Moderators

Its been $699 since as long as I've known about the UMC-1

Considering I bought a Lego Star Wars set for Christmas that was over $120 the UMC-1 $699 seems like a bargin. $120 for a box of plastic.

Your right.

My Grandson got the same exact set, when he poured it out on the living room floor a couple of days later I was shocked. It looks like 10,000 little pieces of plastic. I knew it would be plastic but there VERY small pieces, I have to put my glasses on just to see what they are, I doubt this will turn out like the picture,[:^)] he builds other stuff with it. But he likes it.

i can't believe how much legos are! i loved them as a kid and i still love them. i'd buy a bunch of them but the cost is just too much. i feel you about the star wars legos (i would love to have a few sets). there are star wars lego sets that cost as much as a UMC-1! the M-Falcon to be exact. well it's very close ($650). lets see.....bad A** processer vs. plastic.......hhhhmmmmmm

There must be atlreast 25 posts on the Emotiva forum for the UMC-1. Why junk up this forum with the same content?

Do you read the forum? It's "junked" up with every possible idea that ever existed,not that I mind,I think it's a great way for members to exchange ideas.Heaven forbid we discuss AUDIO GEAR.

I personally am very interested in a review of the UMC-1 especially from a fellow Klipsch fanatic. The features seem to be very promising. I just wonder how it would match with my Yamaha M-60s Huh?

Daniel

I love the sound of the umc,great features too.I just have not had the opportunity to really go through it as I've been busy and had company.I suppose it will all work out because there is a firmware update coming soon to solve a few minor issues,by that time I hope I'm freed up.

There must be atlreast 25 posts on the Emotiva forum for the UMC-1. Why junk up this forum with the same content?

Since I started this thread I guess I'll answer. I want an opinion from someone I "know" that also has a product I'm familiar with. I of course don't know many on here personally but I have talked with and had time to read their opinions and comments of a lot of Klipsch guys and can get a gauge for how much stock I put into the comments they would make about the UMC-1. I can't say the same for the Emo Lounge. I recognize a few people there from here but for the most part not many. I own Klipsch and can compare what they think and my opinions and get a baseline for how a might feel about the UMC-1 based on that.

On a thread back in Aug 09 you responded to a thread on Emotiva gear and said: "XPA-5....had one, returned it. I wasn't that impressed. Sorry, just my opinion.... "

I asked you on that thread but you didn't answer so I'll ask again what didn't impress you about the XPA-5? I'm new to the separates game and value different peoples opinion of what I might be missing because I never had better. I noticed you have McIntosh so maybe what you're used to just holds the bar too high for a budget amp. I don't know that for sure but I'd love to hear your thoughts.

And finally I don't feel bad about asking about a pre/pro on a speaker forum. There is some correlation between those two products and I think there are a few members here who are interested in the UMC-1. It not like I asked about something totally unrelated to Home Theater, its a AV pre/pro!

I think you hit the nail on the head,how this unit sounds with Klipsch is very important,well worth discussing.

I've had some time for music today with the umc.Yes,Steely Dan etc...First,this is the 1st prepro I've had that is totally silent,no hiss through a horn ain't been easy for me.I had a major complaint with Rotel over this issue.I also consider the UMC to be horn friendly as it's not cold,sterile over analytical.I hear everything in great detail but it's not fatiguing.I don't know how to describe it exactly,but it feels comfortable,like I could listen all day.

Hi carbon summit,

I wasn't trying to be jerk.

For some it just comes naturally........................Yea,we'll all just run get a 5 channel 200 watt McIntosh amps.........gimme a break.....Please point us to the "my umc and Klipsch review"......over at Emotiva's site.Have you ever owned any modern gear? My Oppo,Outlaw,Rotel,Onkyo etc,,,etc,,, all needed an update before I could get em' delivered.Your statements are bs on so many levels you've lost all cred.........

Fish, I'm glad you like your new pre-amp. I'm proud for you brother. I wish I would have saved my money and got a XPA 5 rather than the XPA 3 because I knew I would want a pre-amp sooner or later. Maybe some day I can get a XPA 2 to go with my 3 and then get a pre-amp. And bigger speakers, and bigger sub and a bigger house to put them in. Does it ever end?

After all that said, I do commend Emotiva for trying. I hope in the near future they get it right. I'm just REALLY burnt out on the way they market their business and products. Promise, miss, promise, miss, promise, miss, promise (to get everyone excited)......launch and it doesn't work or has problems.

Ya know, that's one of the few negative (and honest) post I've seen anywhere. I've been looking for some disenters. [:)]

They do have a different business nodel. I'm still impressed by the 5 year war. I've pre-ordered a UMC-1 and if I am disappointed, then it's my fault. I've read TONS of posts and reviews and so far I still really want this unit... bugs and all.

I have heard McIntosh and Klipsh and it was sweet. That was 30 years ago.

I promise if and when I get the Emo, I put together the best review I can. (Still pumped.)

Hi Fish,

Wow!....sorry to hurt your feelings! Easy there killer!

Sorry you can't afford a Mc...bummer for you. A Mc and Klipsch combo is pretty amazing. BTW...you can find used MC7106's for about $1000 to $1200 (not 200 watts per channel, but probably a better amp then the Emo...again, IMHO).

As far as "owning modern gear".....not sure what you mean. I have all third generation Klipsch Heritage speakers (the newest), a McIntosh MC205 (the newest), and am now running a McIntosh MX120 processor (the newest). So I'm pretty sure, I own "modern gear."

Your UMC isn't outdated, Emo just did a poor job in testing it before they launched it - sometimes, the truth hurts.......

Please,don't feel sorry for me,I'm perfectly happy,lifes great.

You got a real problem,good luck with that,hope things work out for ya...............

If you get the umc let us know what you think,till then,your opinion is =0.

(maybe not Parasound because the XPA and Parasound are nearly identical in design and come from the same manufacturing plant - I had both of them side by side).

You know since you brought this up on another thread could you share where you got this info because I have sifted through countless pages and cannot find it . They do not seem similar in any regard .

a noobie poster here... but I for one am super excited as my UMC-1 is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. unfortunately, I'll be running in 2-ch mode for a bit until I select/purchase a projector (currently looking at the ae4000) and still need to find that lonely single lascala for my center. I have Heresy's for the surround and an emotiva xpa-2 from my mains (lascalas). My xpa-5 should be shipped out 2nd week of Feb.

I am hoping the long wait for the UMC-1 was worth it -- I'm sure it will be.

(maybe not Parasound because the XPA and Parasound are nearly identical in design and come from the same manufacturing plant - I had both of them side by side).

You know since you brought this up on another thread could you share where you got this info because I have sifted through countless pages and cannot find it . They do not seem similar in any regard .

I too would like to see that info,I've owned Parasound,really good amps 10 warranty.That would be news Emotiva(which makes good amps) is a rebadged Parasound,hard to believe.....considering the source.

a noobie poster here... but I for one am super excited as my UMC-1 is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. unfortunately, I'll be running in 2-ch mode for a bit until I select/purchase a projector (currently looking at the ae4000) and still need to find that lonely single lascala for my center. I have Heresy's for the surround and an emotiva xpa-2 from my mains (lascalas). My xpa-5 should be shipped out 2nd week of Feb.

I am hoping the long wait for the UMC-1 was worth it -- I'm sure it will be.

Congrats,I really like the umc,it's better than I expected.You may or may not,but at least you'll know,good luck and let us know.