Anyone here get a Emotiva UMC-1?

carbon summit

I still can't get it that I won't be using any of the Denon's pre-amp, video or audio processing running it thru the HDMI or 7.1 analog. I have pre-outs but no amp ins. Sad

From reading the manual on your Denon, it looks to me that the Ext. In is exactly the same as a pre-amp input. They are one and the same.

I still can't get it that I won't be using any of the Denon's pre-amp, video or audio processing running it thru the HDMI or 7.1 analog. I have pre-outs but no amp ins. Sad

From reading the manual on your Denon, it looks to me that the Ext. In is exactly the same as a pre-amp input. They are one and the same.

I have used my Denon's 7.1 input from the PS-3 and an older Samsung DVD/SACD player and the Denon's processing and volume control did their job. What prevents this when I connect the UMC?

There's no way you could have used the External Inputs 7.1 inputs from a PS3, a PS3 doesn't have discrete 7.1 outputs.

If you connect RCA cables from the pre-amp outputs on the UMC-1 to the Ext In inputs on the Denon, as mentioned in the manual, surround modes will not apply and cannot be used. Of course, the volume will still be able to be adjusted by the Denon, basically the same as you can adjust the input gain on an external amp.

Otherwise you can use an HDMI from the UMC-1 to the Denon and run the Denon in Pure Direct mode as I mentioned before.

There's no way you could have used the External Inputs 7.1 inputs from a PS3, a PS3 doesn't have discrete 7.1 outputs.

If you connect RCA cables from the pre-amp outputs on the UMC-1 to the Ext In inputs on the Denon, as mentioned in the manual, surround modes will not apply and cannot be used. Of course, the volume will still be able to be adjusted by the Denon, basically the same as you can adjust the input gain on an external amp.

Otherwise you can use an HDMI from the UMC-1 to the Denon and run the Denon in Pure Direct mode as I mentioned before.

See how confused I am [:$], I meant to say the OPPO -83.

My time is getting near!!!!!! Party!!!

Hello,

Please be advised we have an estimated shipping date for your UMC-1 of:

March 19th, 2010

We will contact you 10-14 days prior to this date to complete your purchase.

Thank you for your support and patience.

Emotiva Management

What was your pre-order date?

Wed 11/04/09 2:58 PM

I was late getting into the game. I missed the first preorder list and got on the second one when I heard about it.

My guess is they are getting a big shipment in that will clean up both of the preorder lists and then start regular ordering.
I'm reluctant not to pull the trigger because I think the price will go up after the preorder to make up for all the costs they have to be running behind on with all the problems they have had. But on the other side of the coin and maybe its because I don' t know what I'm missing but I'm pretty happy with my Yamaha 663. I say that knowing it isn't a high end receiver at all but it does everything I need it to do.

My time is getting near!!!!!! Party!!!

Hello,

Please be advised we have an estimated shipping date for your UMC-1 of:

March 19th, 2010

We will contact you 10-14 days prior to this date to complete your purchase.

Thank you for your support and patience.

Emotiva Management

You suck. [8-|]

Wed 11/04/09 2:58 PM

I was late getting into the game. I missed the first preorder list and got on the second one when I heard about it.

My guess is they are getting a big shipment in that will clean up both of the preorder lists and then start regular ordering.
I'm reluctant not to pull the trigger because I think the price will go up after the preorder to make up for all the costs they have to be running behind on with all the problems they have had. But on the other side of the coin and maybe its because I don' t know what I'm missing but I'm pretty happy with my Yamaha 663. I say that knowing it isn't a high end receiver at all but it does everything I need it to do.

I was way later, Jan 28th. yea, like I need to buy something else. I did find a guy that will pay for a UMA-7 in exchange for my Denon 4306.

sorry, I'm a bit behind on following this thread.

I just want to make a comment that my UMC-1 has significant audible "hiss" running through an XPA-2 to my LaScalas. The hiss is obviously much reduced when I play through my Herseys or my Polk RTi-10s. The "hiss" is heard on all input (HDMI, analog, stereo/direct modes, etc.) and is a constant level. Also, you can hear every "click" such as pressing the mute button, when a CD track changes (UMC-1 unlocking then locking onto the signal, etc.).

I do not believe anyone on the emotiva forum is running a UMC-1 with Khorns or LaScalas (104db..) so I am very interested in your post of a totally "silent" UMC-1 experience. Maybe I have an actual "bad" UMC-1 unit. I have Lonnie (over at Emotiva) running some tests - or at least he said he was.. regarding the "hiss" I have reported to him.

Other than the "hiss", I believe the UMC-1 (following the 1st firmware update), is a great piece of hardware considering it's low entry price.

sorry, I'm a bit behind on following this thread.

I just want to make a comment that my UMC-1 has significant audible "hiss" running through an XPA-2 to my LaScalas. The hiss is obviously much reduced when I play through my Herseys or my Polk RTi-10s. The "hiss" is heard on all input (HDMI, analog, stereo/direct modes, etc.) and is a constant level. Also, you can hear every "click" such as pressing the mute button, when a CD track changes (UMC-1 unlocking then locking onto the signal, etc.).

I do not believe anyone on the emotiva forum is running a UMC-1 with Khorns or LaScalas (104db..) so I am very interested in your post of a totally "silent" UMC-1 experience. Maybe I have an actual "bad" UMC-1 unit. I have Lonnie (over at Emotiva) running some tests - or at least he said he was.. regarding the "hiss" I have reported to him.

Other than the "hiss", I believe the UMC-1 (following the 1st firmware update), is a great piece of hardware considering it's low entry price.

OK all my Klipsch brethren, if this Emotiva thing is a hisser fess up now before I spend money. I DO NOT want to hear that! If you don't want to post, then PM or email.

I have rf7's and mine is dead quiet,with my ear to the horn,unheard of with Klipsch 7's.I've never had a prepro this silent.Hope they get ya fixed up.If you google "hiss" you'll likely find my post out there some where on various units I've owned that did hiss,very annoying.I speak for my unit only,pleasantly surprised at how quiet it is.

Mine is also quiet on 7's. Even when watching TV at very low volumes there is no audible noise. I do know what you mean by annoying. My old LMC-1 hissed but was bearable. What other equipment have you ran with the lascalas? Just curious seeing how sensitive they are.

On a side note... I have noticed quite a difference how much better the UMC sounds since the firmware upgrade. Most noticable with Dolby D while watching HD TV programs.

I'm getting closer to signing up for a UMC-1. I found a decent h/k receiver locally to power my surrounds for $50. Now if I can just find a few things laying around to sell to help pay for the UMC...

I'm going back and forth on if I should get it or not. If I decide not to I'll let you have mine, just have Emo ship it to your address.

I'm still considering getting the UMC-1. I received the email notification and it's supposed to be shipping out on 3/24 to me. I'm currently using the HK AV630 via analog inputs as a pre with my XPA-5. What's nice about the HK is that it allows for bass management via the analogs. I haven't seen any other AVR that does that(though honestly, I haven't really owned a lot)...This is one of the reasons why I sold my Marantz SR-8400 and kept the HK.Anybody else having a dileamma like this?