So now the NFL owns "Who Dat" ???

WS65711

The phrase has been used in New Orleans in relation to the Saints since at least 1983, and has been a part of the local dialect long before that. Now all of a sudden it's property of the NFL? The NFL is now telling local T-shirt, hat, and novelty shops that they can't sell anything with "Who Dat" on it. I say "Eph Dat" !!! [bs]

http://www.wwltv.com/video/featured-videos/Rewind-Eric-Aaron-Neville-on-the-birth-of-Who-Dat-craze-in1983-82928832.html

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Moderators

I watched the NFL channel last night for an hour. It was something called playbook and was explained as NFC AFC champs stacking up against each other for the super bowl.

It was one hour of look at how good the Colts ( really just Payton ) are and nothing else, it was said at least 20 times that Peyton's brain is like a supercomputer, he remembers everything he sees and hears and can recall it at anytime and use it against his opponent, superhuman I think was the word they used !

Obviously he's a great player but these guys went on and on, I was waiting for the pic's of him walking across the Gulf to get to Florida.

The Colts do have a great team but the [bs] was getting a little deep when they were talking about how Peyton is so smart he does not get sacked because his brain tells him to get rid of the ball when it senses he will be hit. [:o] He gets rid of the ball and then adjust his lineman as to not have anyone close to him so he does not get hit as his supercomputer brain makes other adjustments to defeat the other team.

I was almost in love with Peyton when they were done, he is the most outstanding human alive, I think he should run for president ! [Y]

Did anyone see that last night, it was a little crazy, I couldn't stop watching, it was much better than SNL.

I was almost in love with Peyton when they were done, he is the most outstanding human alive, I think he should run for president ! Yes

Did anyone see that last night, it was a little crazy, I couldn't stop watching, it was much better than SNL.

LMAO.

Peyton is Da MAn!!IIII

We all could of told ya that up here in Indiana! LOL!

Go Colts!

You guys must feed them right as their growing up down there![;)]

• Moderators

LMAO.

Peyton is Da MAn!!IIII

We all could of told ya that up here in Indiana! LOL!

Go Colts!

You guys must feed them right as their growing up down there!Wink

Your right,after watching last night I now know, It's ashame his dad was not nearly as smart he was almost beat to death when he played, poor Archie. He should have played for the Colts, that's where the problem was.

• Moderators

The phrase has been used in New Orleans in relation to the Saints since at least 1983, and has been a part of the local dialect long before that. Now all of a sudden it's property of the NFL? The NFL is now telling local T-shirt, hat, and novelty shops that they can't sell anything with "Who Dat" on it. I say "Eph Dat" !!! PWK BS Button

http://www.wwltv.com/video/featured-videos/Rewind-Eric-Aaron-Neville-on-the-birth-of-Who-Dat-craze-in1983-82928832.html

I guess the NFL will also patent the paper bags for fans of teams that suck ?

They should patent some of the food from here so the rest of the country can have something with a little flavor as most places I have been around this country the food sux, do they not sell seasoning anywhere else ?

Hey Eldon! Did you know that Peyton Manning's brain is like a SuperComputer? [;)] They forgot to mention the laser-guided arm! [8-|]

NFL is also trying to go after companies using the Fleur-de-lis? (trefoil) That has been used by the Boy Scouts of America and countless other organizations since well before the NFL was begun.

http://www.neworleans.com/blogs/who-dat-say-who-can-use-who-dat-trademark-holder-speaks-out.html

Are they taking lessons from the folks at Monster? Public image is going down the tubes on this one. [:@]

M

............. NFL is also trying to go after companies using the Fleur-de-lis? (trefoil) That has been used by the Boy Scouts of America and countless other organizations since well before the NFL was begun.

. . . and used in New Orleans since well before there was a "United States". [8-|]

• Moderators

Hey Eldon! Did you know that Peyton Manning's brain is like a SuperComputer? Wink They forgot to mention the laser-guided arm! Geeked

They did talk a little about his arm, they said he is so accurate he is like a surgeon. I just never put it all together, he is like a superhuman with a laser guided arm with surgeon like precision. That's much more believable and now makes sense.

I am getting a little worried, I wonder if they should just call off the game so it does not get really embarrassing and make the NFL look bad ? Or maybe the Colts should play the Saints and the Vikings at the same time in an attempt to make it a fair game ?

To keep this thread on track

WHO DAT.................sue me

Well we know it's Peyton and his sometimes needed Colts players, there only there because the NFL says there has to be 11 people on the field.

• Moderators

I saw that arm and that supercomputer brain from Row 23 of the south endzone in Miami in Superbowl XLI as it proceeded to dismantle my Bears. You do not want to be on the other side agains him, I can tell you that. Let's hope for Saints win and a good game atleast.

They are a very good team but listening to those guys on the NFL channel was a little much, I think they almost wet thier paints talking about Peyton.

At halftime they should set up a pool so Peyton can walk across it, and also a passing clinic so all the other quarterbacks can learn some tricks. [:P] I hope we all don't have to bow as he comes out to play at the begining, I guess they will let us know ?

So what do we know for sure?

Great arm with Manning? YES!!!

Great mind to dissmantle a defense? Yes he does...

Is he superhuman... No...

Does he make mistakes and have a bad day? Yes, on occasion.

If he wasn't such a nice guy too all of this accolades coming his way would be worthless.

Just wait, next week Elden it will all be about Brees. They probably had it all in their heads that the opponent would be Favre.

I am excited for your town... This time next week, you will just feel the rush building it's an amazing thing to happen for the WHO DAT City too.

NFL prpoerties are just doing their jobs, protecting the likes of Michael Dwayne Vick (born June 26, 1980) is a professional American football quarterback for the Philadelphia Eagles of the National Football League. He played for the Atlanta Falcons for six seasons before serving 18 months in prison for his involvement in an illegal dog fighting ring.. Yeah that guy.... To earn a living.

This year we seem to have 2 classy guys at Quarterback. It will depend on the defense to enable the winning team IMO to win. We should see some points scored on both sides.

GO COLTS!!!!

[

a passing clinic so all the other quarterbacks can learn some tricks. Stick out tongue

Ummm. He does have a quarterback clinic and maybe the best in the country. Where do you think all those great college quarterbacks go like Sam Bradford and Colt McCoy?

Peyton just doesn't play the game he teaches it.

But there are alot of excellent quarterbacks who play and have played football.